Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > SPANISH TEACHERS, HELP ME, PLEASE!    

SPANISH TEACHERS, HELP ME, PLEASE!

Noelica
Spain

SPANISH TEACHERS, HELP ME, PLEASE!

Could you help me to traduce into English these sentences?

Utilizar estructuras PROPIAS de la lengua extranjera: To use structures ... of the foreign language.

Escribir frases TANTO en soporte papel COMO digital: To write sentences ... in paper ... digital format.

Thank you!

27 May 2009      

ssrl10
Spain

The translation could be as follows:

Use common English structures.
Write sentences both in digital and paper format.
Be careful with infinitives, objectives in course plan written in English should be stated in "bare infinitive", not full infinitive.

27 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Good translation Gloria, but that�s not the one given by the Spanish Ministry of Education. Here, objectives are writen in bare infinitive, NEVER using -ing form. Be careful Noelica, because if you use -ing forms either for "objectives" or "evaluation criteria" you will fail. Sorry to say that so blantly but I have been correcting exams in a "tribunal" and that�s one of the norms. However, yo can change the translation given by the Spanish Ministry of Education and say:
Use common English structures.
Write sentences both in digital and paper format. (Write sentences both in soft and hard copy).
Good luck!

28 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

Utilizar estructuras PROPIAS de la lengua extranjera: Use proper English/Foreign Language sentence structures.

28 May 2009     

angiers
Costa Rica

the traslation is the following:

"Use own structures of the foreing language."

and "Write sentences both in paper and digital format."

GOOD LUCK!

28 May 2009     

[email protected]
United States

Utilizar estructuras PROPIAS de la lengua extranjera: To use structures ... of the foreign language.

Escribir frases TANTO en soporte papel COMO digital: To write sentences ... in paper ... digital format.

Use exact (sentence) structures in a foreign language.

Write phrases (sentences) so that they can support both paper and electronic forms.

I think that is what you are meaning.  It �s hard to just translate sentences without knowing what they are used for.

If you are writing objectives these are how mine would look.  In Spanish, I would write the objectives like this:

Utilize las formas apropiadas de estructuras de oraciones de la idioma extranjera.

Escribe oraciones que puede utilizar formas de comunicacion del papel y electronico.

PROPIAS = exact     TANTO = so  COMO = as or like

But I use "Mexican Spanish" so words might have a different meanings than what is used in "Castellano".

5 Jun 2009