Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > An update    

An update

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, IKAzinha

So sad I am with these news, you were a kind of my godmother , here in ESL, when I first arrived; you were always what I call a great and creative teacher. I wish someday I could meet you.
Now, things are bad, we must put them better. What is going on your country is nothing very different from what is starting here in my country; just hope we manage to brake before we get so deep. We are also living in a country with no values, no rules, what we call here ( please, don �t get me wrong ) we are turning a kind of south American country. Not because I have anything against you, South American people, I know many people from South American countries and you are all, wonderful people; but GOVERNMENTS are not the people. and because there is a long tradition of corruption and that is what now links my country to all of you.
YOU ARE A GREAT TEACHER.
WE SHALL OVERCOME.
All the best to you, I often remember you and I do wish all the best, because you are a friend.

All the best and a big, huge thank you for all the support you gave me
A kiss

28 May 2009     

gkole70
United States

Icha - I �m very sorry to hear about that! Like all the others here I wish you the best and hope that this setback turns into an opportunity for you in another way. You have relly been so creative and generous, I �m sure you have nothing but friends here. Your students must be much the worse for your closing.Unhappy Better luck in the future and with having a baby!Smile Gary

28 May 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Thanks so much ;) Your words are so sweet, just what I need now

Olinda, I know exactly what you mean about Latin America. We do have great people, but terrible governments. It �s so easy to be corrupt in these countries, were there are no real consequences to your actions. In so many Latin-American countries people can kill and get away with it... much more easily steal and lie... I wish for a better future for countries like mine, but if I �m being realistic, the future I wish for is far, far, far ahead....

28 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Icha, I am really sorry that you are going through these troubled times but I am sure that you will overcome this situation. Things don �t always turn out the way we planned but I believe that God writes straight with crooked lines. 
Just remember that you have many friends who are wishing you all the best.
Love,
Anna

28 May 2009     

crisholm
Spain

I often wondered what had happened to you - and I remembered your problems. I �m sorry to hear you �re closing your school - Your energy is really enviable: keeping the business running and at the same time producing all those wonderful worksheets. And that is your strength, remember it. Life has many ups and downs, but creative and really motivated people like yourself seem to be able to surface and go on, wherever the storm may take them.

�In my end is my beginning � (T.S.Eliot) And even though houses may crumble and fall, you will find the strength in yourself (and the LOADS of experience and enthusiasm) to find a new path.
I really hope to hear some good news from you soon. Look ahead, not back!
With my best wishes,
Cristina

28 May 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, again, Ikazinha

"It �s so easy to be corrupt in these countries, were there are no real consequences to your actions."

IT IS UP TO US TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.

Now, we are no more a small village or a small country, we are a whole planet, connected, in touch, we can easily see what is wrong here is not that different from miles and miles away.

Wishing you all, all, all the best

28 May 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

You are right Ichacantero... We have great people, but terrible governments. The same is happening in Argentina... It �s so sad... Hope you can open your school soon...
Best wishes from Argentina,
Cecilia

28 May 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

It rings a bell.... will politiciansalways  be so corrupted in Latin American countries? I �m not being supportive, I know... but... HUGS from  Argentina

28 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Ichacantero:

Certain things in life happen for a reason.  I am sure that in the future more positive things will come your way.  Life comes in ups and downs.  You have hit your down and soon better things will come your way.  What is important is that you are a positive person.  It shows in the work that you do and how you have helped this community.

Governments are difficult to understand and my sympathies are with you during this crisis.
I have had the opportunity to speak to several people who are political refugees from Latin America and the stories they tell are heart retching.  I hope and wish that sometime soon things will become better for your country. 

28 May 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

I feel really sorry for what Icha says she �s been through since no person in the world should feel that. I mean, the insecurity and all the hard work vanishing right in front of their eyes...

However, I really didn �t like the tone of all the previous posts... I �m Uruguayan... so I �m from Latin America... and I don �t think it �s fair to say it is easy to be corrupt in these countries... which countries EXACTLY? Please, do not generalise!

Moreover, isn �t it even easier to be corrupt in developed countries?? There are tones of historical examples so... don �t put a stigma where we don �t need it...

Sorry, if someone feels my post is kind of ... rude or something but I didn �t like some comments at all since I �m part of the people of my country but I do believe in those who represent me and I �m happy to live in democracy.

And.. Icha... I wish you nothing but the best in becoming a mum! I �ve been trying for a couple of years now.. and I still believe it will be when it has to be!

Tricia

28 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >