Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help, please    

Help, please

miyoko71
Morocco

Help, please

Dear colleagues,
I �m looking for some drawings that I can use to encourage my students to tell a story.Do you know any please?I want to use them in a "speaking "activity.Whatever is the theme.Thanks

28 May 2009      

ameliarator
United States

You could try�comics.com. �It has all kinds of comics like you find in the newspaper. �You could white-out the words so students have to be more creative.

Personally, I use my collection of pages (from magazines or catalogs) that have something weird or interesting happening to do the kind of activity you �re talking about.

Hope you find something!

28 May 2009     

marta_marta
Poland

Try Cambridge Movers Exam, Speaking, Part II. Here �s an example:

Mind you it �s meant for children.

Hugs,
Marta

28 May 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

Thanks for your suggestion

28 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

If you go to the Oxford English File page you can sign up and download their "Picture Bank" which contains really simple drawings of every day things.

I play a game whereby students have to take six cards and invent a story without showing their partner the pictures.  Then they mix up the cards and give them to their partner who has to remember the story and out the cards in the correct order.

If you want, PM me your email and I �ll send you the copies I have, though as they �re scanned, they might not be perfect quality...

T :)

29 May 2009