Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I have a problem, please HELP ME!!!!    

I have a problem, please HELP ME!!!!

AGUILA
Spain

I have a problem, please HELP ME!!!!

Dear friends. I �ve got a problem with my worksheets. When I write them with different fonts (walt disney, escolar, etc.), and upload to the web, more changes happen. This is a problem, because my worksheets are funnies using these kinds of fonts. It changes the size and the content. I don �t know why, but it is awful. Please, help me.

On the other side, I try to change the size and quality of my pictures, but at the end I have to use paint (cut, paste and cute again in microsoft word). It is other problem, because if the file has got 3 pages and 10 pictures, I have to separate them to obtain a maximum of 300Kb. The same with Power Point: 12 pages (I �m doing a power point about months with images and text) more than 800kb. I don �t know how to solve this problem.

PLEASE, HELP ME 

31 May 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hi Aguila
We �ve discussed this before.
If a person doesn �t have your Disney font on their computer
they can �t see it.  All I can see are music notes!!  I then have to
re-do all the fonts - and some are not easy to change.
Also - many small children can �t read fancy fonts.
Therefore, if you want to make sure the smaller kids and the members here
can read your materials, you must use normal fonts that everyone has on their
computers.

I have heard about embedding fonts in Word Program, but am not sure how it works.

L

31 May 2009     

Axia
Argentina

I assume you �re using Word, so go to Tools, Options and where it says Save tick on the option that says something like "embed fonts" and the one below that says "do not embed common fonts" or something to that effect.

My soft is in Spanish so I �m not sure of the wording in English but you shouldn �t have any trouble finding it.

Hope I helped,

Bye!

31 May 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Axia you are a genious!!!  Thankssss!!!

31 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I do this if I want the font stays when uploading:

On powerpoint I open a text box (cuadro de texto in Spanish) and write the tittle or whatever I want with the desired font, then just click right button and click on "save as image" (guardar como imagen in Spanish)

I open word an just insert the image of the title and everybody will have the font I use, because as it is an image it will stay!!

Was I clear?

31 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

One word of caution... embedding fonts in a word document does depend on a few things (like the type of font used). It may also significantly increase the size of your document.

This article has a discussion about embedding fonts & a bit of useful info.
http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001611_Embedding_Fonts_In_a_Document.html

The article is worth reading & provides some great tips.

Cheers,
AB

31 May 2009