Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > what do you think about....    

what do you think about....

_babz
Canada

what do you think about....

what do you think about websites like ratemyteacher.com

For those of you that don �t know, ratemyteacher.com is a site where students, from both elementary and highschool from Canada, USA, Ireland, England, Australia can rate their teachers!

You can simply type in the school �s name OR your name, and students comment about you.

Personally, I don �t mind the criticism, cause winning a popularity contest is not what I signed up for (even if my rating is pretty good..lol), but what I do mind, is that these sites include the first and last names of teachers, and basically serves as a bashing frenzy (I guess their moderators are not as good as ours)LOL LOL

so what do y �all think? LOL LOL

ps: have you checked your rating?

31 May 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I DO mind.  What basis do they have for judging?

Who gives the most candy?
Who lets them out earlier?
Who has the coolest clothes?
Who relates best?
Who tells the funniest jokes?
Who drives the coolest car?
Who plays rock music in their spare time?

Many parents today don �t respect teachers at all. I call them terrorist parents because they have no time for their kids and then yell at the teachers when their poor kids complain about something at home.

I happen to think that I know best. At least better than the kids.
I took an education to teach these kids English. To prepare them for a future
that they will love and look forward to. My aims are to give them tools for attaining
their dreams. But most teens only find that out much later.

Right now most of them think about girlfriends, boyfriends, love, clothes, being popular, instant celebrity, cell phones, internet, films, chatting, cars and things like that.

How in the world are they capable of judging if their teacher is good or not.
If they don �t feel they have learned anything - were they paying attention in class or just passing notes with a friend?

My school hired me because they thought I was a good teacher, and that �s what I try to prove every single day at work.
Kids today are much more egotistical than before and their parents think that their child should have all of our attention.

I �m not going to let myself be judged on those terms.
I really feel sorry for those teachers who have over 30 kids in a classroom.
How do they cope and how would they be judged?

That �s my 2 cents worth
L

31 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Lisaaaaaa!!!!!!!! you �re around!!!!!!!!!!

31 May 2009