Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS BEFOR SAYING THANK YOU, PLEASE!    

READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS BEFOR SAYING THANK YOU, PLEASE!

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS BEFOR SAYING THANK YOU, PLEASE!

Dear members of the site! There have been many discussions about leaving a comment and saying Thank you... It �s up to you. But I noticed that some people don �t read the previous comments and sometimes leave a thank you �for wss that have been stolen! I understand that we are very busy sometimes... But we give extra points to people who don �t deserve it!

Please, be more attentive and try to look through the previous comments! It could be very useful!

Hugs,

Svetlana

31 May 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Svetlana,
You �re saying words of wisdom.
It �s very important to check whether the ws. is stolen or not before writing any thank you comment. We �re thanking people for contributing stolen materials. It �s not proper.

It �s good to be alert !!!
Nebal

31 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I �m hearing you Svetlana -
But one of the problems is, that when you
click on send a comment - the page automatically bumps you to the
message box - which is past the other comments.
This system was
probably created BEFORE all the stealing began.  Who would have
imagined that some teachers would one day take credit for another �s work??
I sure never imagined it!

Thanks for your advice
L

31 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Yes, Lisa, you �re right! I can �t believe my eyes how many "teachers" are capable of stealing"! What can they teach ?! Maybe Victor will see these posts and will be able to do something about it so we could read all the comments given. Maybe it would be great to see that the ws is stolen - I mean if somebody reports it and leaves a comment - the mark stolen shows up somewhere at the bottom of the page �and people can see it immediately.

Sharing doesn �t mean stealing and plagarism .I am� fed up with this never ending story... � � � � �Angry But we can �t ignore this problem!!!

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice SundayTongue

31 May 2009     

flo84
France

Hi everybody

I agree with you Svetlana but I was wondering : if the contribution is stolen then it will be deleted and the contributors will gain no point. So even if it had been downloaded several times, the result is no point for the contributor anyway. Am I right ?

31 May 2009     

Roy Piepers
Spain

This is a problem and I agree that the stealing is getting really bad. What I don �t understand though is that when somebody is caught stealing numerous worksheets that they still continue to be members. What happened to: Your account will be cancelled?

Has anybody �s account ever been cancelled? By the looks of it the members that stole worksheets from sites or even from members on this site happily continue uploading stolen worksheets again untill they are caught again. They loose their points again, and continue doing what they were doing before. Basicly, the leeching never stops. There is a perfect example of this happening now as the moderators will know.

It �s really annoying.

Does anybody know what the criteria are for when an account will finally be cancelled?

Roy

31 May 2009     

Tanagotchi
France

I agree with you, Roy : this is definitely annoying to know that we do know who is stealing worksheets and they still get away with it...  emoticone-colere5.gif  or do they ?
Concerning the downloading of these stolen worksheets and the points going along with them, I think Flo84 is right... The points will be removed anyway. The important thing to do would be to cancel the accounts.
But I still think, apart from the stolen part, that leaving a comment to the authors of the worksheets we download is nice ! As Frenchfrog said yesterday, it �s just curiosity : knowing at least who downloaded your work... Simple bare curiosity - nothing more ! Even if most of the time I forget about all the names, it �s just great to know your hard work has been seen by members on the other side of the world and where exactly. Don �t you think so ?
Have a nice Sunday,  emoticone-soleil5.gif

31 May 2009