Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > MEMBERS    

MEMBERS

FroggyClaudine
France

MEMBERS

Don �t you think it �s a bit weird when on the home page of the site it �s written that today, there are 183611 members and 166758 printables ? I �m not very good at maths but such figures mean that there are less than one printable per member.
Considering the numbers of printables some great members of this wonderful site have contributed to, there must be a real big numbers of members with no point at all. Is an account deleted after a certain time without any point at all ? I �m not a big contributor because most of my work is made during the summer holidays when I hope I �ll be able to send more but I �ve not been on the site for so long and yet some people have already appreciated my word and downloaded it. I don �t understand how you can actually manage to have no point at all after, let �s say, a whole month a a member.

31 May 2009      

missola
Palestine

You are completely right about this.
I was wondering about this too some time ago and I was wondering if we should ask Victor to delete the accounts if they were nbot active after a some time ( a month or more this is up to Victor) because I think these 0 point accounts are taking space in this website. So I don �t know what will happen but I think this issue has to be taken into consideration.

Ola

31 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Claudine,

Yours was my question a long time ago. See the incredible number of members to this site(be patient, it takes long to open):

I just clicked on page 1182, and saw that the first member of that page  only has 19 points, which means that he/she is not even a premium member.

Remember that in each page there are 10 users so you can see that if at present there are 183611 members, at least 170000 are not even premium users!!!!

On page 3562 I have found users with 0 points (it doesn �t mean that you can find some more in previous pages)That means that at least 150000 members have 0 points!!!

And lots of  members upload worksheets  to get 30 points to become premium members and stop doing it.

Do these numbers help to answer your question?

On April 26th, On a piece of paper, I wrote that there were 150,912 printables and 170,357 users.Compare these numbers with the registers at present. Lots of people register every day!!!!  Considering that hundreds (if not thousands) worksheets have been removed for being against the regulations, and comparing it with the numbers at present : "we are 183611 registered users and we have 166758 printables. " you´ll see that only a few people are really active uploading worksheets 

31 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

You are totally right, Damielle. There are few actives members here compared to the number of registered users.

31 May 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

Crazy maths for Sunday   Clap Could have never done it

About members...Wouldnt it be good if those members who arent active would be asked before having their account deleted?

For example PM them asking them if they still use/need/want this account and after a week, if there was no answer "wipe them out"

I suppose this would be Victor �s job, but I could help if he wanted me to

31 May 2009