Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Password Problem    

Password Problem

Jayho
Australia

Password Problem

I have a question about passwords for those of you that are more technically inclined than me (which would be the majority!)

At home I have to type my user name and password.  However, at work once I type my user name the password automatically appears.  I use a shared computer and I want to ensure that my account is not compromised.  How can I reset this so that I must enter my password as well?

Cheers

Jayho

9 Jun 2009      

Animagus
Portugal

I �m not an expert, but every time you type your username and password there is an option that asks if you want the computer to memorize them.
In this case you have to say no and your problem is solved.
I never let the computers to memorize my name and pass, cause it �s too risky and somebody could have access to my accounts, sites and links.

Cheers to you

Animagus

9 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I �m not an expert either, but if you log out each time that should solve the problem.  The next time anyone logs in they will have to type in username and password in order to get in.

9 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Animagus

Yes I know this option but in this case it doesn �t happen.

Maybe one of my colleagues has already set it to yes.  There are many teachers using the PC and most of them use this site.

I have recieved a PM so I shall follow the instructions once I get to work ... which should be soon considering class starts in, oh my gosh,  45 minutes!

I �m on my way ...

Jayho

9 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Giovanni

No, this does not happen.  Every time I enter my user name it automatically enters my password.  This has been hapenning for months.

Fortunately my user name is not my real name (and people don �t know it) so I don �t think my account has been compromised but I want to fix this problem.

Cheers

Jayho

P.S.  Class - I �m on my way!!!

9 Jun 2009     

Gribouille9
Canada

Hi!

You have to clear all the history and passwords saved by the computer. 
To do this...

Open a web page
-> Go in "TOOLS"
--> Internet options
---> Browsing history
-----> DELETE

Then everything should be good!
Hope it was clear enough...

9 Jun 2009     

fletsch
Canada

Hey Jayho:

I hope this does the trick :)  If you are using a different web browser other than Internet explorer, I have no idea...

Internet Explorer 7

To remove a stored password in Internet Explorer 7:

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
  2. On the General tab, under Browsing history, click the Delete... button. You now have several options:
    • To delete passwords, click the Delete passwords... button.
  3. Click OK twice.

Internet Explorer 6

To remove a stored password or stored form data in Internet Explorer 6:

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .
  2. Click the Content tab, and then click the AutoComplete... button. To remove stored passwords, click Clear Passwords.
  3. Click OK.

9 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

Thanks for your help.

I have done this now.  (The PC had IE6)

Cheers

Jayho

9 Jun 2009