Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Regarding tag questions Please help    

Regarding tag questions Please help

janaesl
Saudi Arabia

Regarding tag questions Please help

Can somebody tell me which of the answer is correct. Is there only one answer correct or there are more than one correct answers.

Sara comes late, doesn �t she?   

( Yes she does   / No she doesn �t  / Yes she is )

I need urgent reply

10 Jun 2009      

serene
Greece

Hi janaesl
Grammatically the first two are correct. The third is wrong.
As to whether the answer is yes or no, it depends on what the person who replies believes about Sarah.
Hope it helps. 

10 Jun 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

The initial statement is a little strange.  More natural would be �Sara is late, isn �t she �. 

But to answer your question for this specific sentence then there are two correct answers

Yes she does

No she doesn �t

The reply �Yes she is � is totally wrong

10 Jun 2009     

naj07
Tunisia

hi. I think that this is a question tag like: Sara is pretty, isn �t she? and this doesn �t need an answer but if you want a question and answer you should say: Does Sara come late? and the answers will be: yes, she does  or  yes, she comes late  or  no, she doesn �t  or  no, she doesn �t come late. I hope I helped

10 Jun 2009     

serene
Greece

Logos is right. Does the initial statement mean that Sara is usually late or does it mean she is late now?

10 Jun 2009