Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Reading Week    

Reading Week

Azza_20
United Arab Emirates

Reading Week

Dear colleagues in ESLprintables,

On April, my school celebrated love of reading as the students had the chance to be part of a comprehensive reading week which also included a visit to children�s author and illustrator Una Rawlinson who is currently based in Dubai.

This opportunity provided more than 90 students with the opportunity to participate in a short-term English language immersion experience where educational workshops were combined with hands-on activities.  I wanted to share with you this long time ago, but didn�t have the time to upload the pictures. I created a short movie about it which I posted on youtube so feel free to visit the link and let me know what you think ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqAkw1PIVg

I would like to know what do you do in your country to celebrate reading?

Regards
Azza

11 Jun 2009      

susiebelle
United States

This is a wonderful thing you are doing with your school.  Thanks for sharing this idea.

11 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

It looks wonderful! I �ve sent you a pm...

11 Jun 2009     

naj07
Tunisia

very good idea. personnally I encourage my students to read and I give them some short stories and we discuss and work on them in class but it �s very interesting to do that in a larger scale.

11 Jun 2009     

Amanda W
Austria

Wow! You put a lot of work into that. I �m sure it was a wonderful and memorable experience for all who took part. Well done!
            Take care, Mandy

11 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Azza,
What a wonderful experience ur sts. have been thru. I always encourage my students to read. Sometimes I ask my students to read a certain story and summarize it. A contest is held afterwards to choose the best summary and the winner wins a collection of books .

Best wishes,
Nebal

11 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Seen the vid. Loved what was displayed. Thumbs Up

11 Jun 2009     

Azza_20
United Arab Emirates

thank you so much everyone for replying : )
�
i am glad that you liked it, and am looking forward to hear more ideas from you guys.
�
�
�

11 Jun 2009