Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > reported again?    

reported again?

Carla Horne
United States

I �m really sad to read about this again today. "Not original" is a bogus excuse. It is only feasible to have so many truly original ideas in an era until technology changes or people evolve. I have not sprouted a third hand yet, so I guess I �ll continue to create ws with just two. How unoriginal I am!

Should moderators be the only ones allowed to report ws?

Please no more of this bickering.

Carla

12 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

I �m really sad to read about this again today. "Not original" is a bogus excuse. It is only feasible to have so many truly original ideas in an era until technology changes or people evolve. I have not sprouted a third hand yet, so I guess I �ll continue to create ws with just two. How unoriginal I am!

Should moderators be the only ones allowed to report ws?

Please no more of this bickering.

Carla

12 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I think that  if Victor agrees, we should make it a policy that if the name of the moderator is not written down, it should not be accepted.  This may solve the problem.  I can �t understand why a moderator would not want his or her name shown.

It´s a shame what happened to you Mr. dgdnl .  Your worksheets are useful.

12 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I quote myself Giovanni (from this thread),

"At the moment the whole system is open to abuse with moderators able to speak with impunity. It �s even possible for me to leave an abusive comment and then sign in the name of another person."

The IMHO the only way to protect both moderators and contributors from personal abuse is to have the names of those who report worksheets, or review reported worksheets, automatically generated.  Till then I will refrain from appending my own name to any reviews.

David

12 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi everyone!

Just so you know, any member can report an upload but the �moderators � are the members with more than 1000 points who can vote on whether the worksheet is removed from the server or not.

When an item is reported the reporter needs to leave a comment, so the first comment that appears is always from them. Further comments are made by the moderators, not the �normal members �.

As soon as an upload is reported then no other member can report it unitl the voting is completed by the moderators. Victor was going to stop a worksheet from being reportable more than once, but I don �t know if this has been implemented.

Cheers,
AB

12 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

I am sooo surprized that Mr. Dgdln has not commented in the moderator section speaking up for his own worksheet.  This is very much unlike him, as we all know how vocal he has been on this site. 
Mr. Dgdln: Why haven �t you commented?

12 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2