Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WS and mistakes    

WS and mistakes

roneydirt
United States

Hmmm I am replying to my own post...    Now I normally do go over the worksheets some I take a piece here and there to make a new one, but as you see in my posted printables they are not there since it basically someone else �s work, and don �t want to be accused of stealing or using other people �s work for points.  (Example: Today �s afterschool club activity was items pulled from 4 different worksheets to make a new one that was relevant to what I was teaching the club about.)  I also wish there was a way to look at who downloaded your work besides the comment section.  There you would see that there are times in the day that I am in the last few weeks downloading a ton of printables and PowerPoint�s to build up my library.  I do print some up to take home to go over to see how they print up and what I can use in future classes.  I get teased by the co-teachers about how big and heavy my folder is that I take home.  It is currently about 3 inches thick.  Now the mistakes are bit obvious ones.  I will type in the mistakes I am mentioning below.  Unfortunately some of the downloads I forgot to post the name, the more recent I leave the eslprintable code that comes with the paper and add what the item basic info and creator for future reference.  I started doing this so at a later date when I do have a lot more time to go back and thank the creator personally.  I also understand that some are using non-English systems and they can and have caused some of the problems.  I have had that issue and had to repost even on the discussion board.  I did get some personal replies and a couple was not a pleasant read.  I do type the way I talk to people because I think this as a regular form of conversation, but personal attacks are not appropriate in any aspect.  I do thank the individual that sent me a website to work on my grammar.  We can always improve ourselves in many aspects.   Here are a couple of the examples I was talking about.

tanx (tank)

cehf (Chef)

The secetary is at the desk.  (The secretary is at the desk.  It was a sample answer on the ws on description.)

A word search on jobs which was missing nurse from the actual word search but it was in the list of words.  (Student looking over my shoulder pointed it out as I was downloading)  (My desk is in the middle of the students.)

He ___  (be) dong a good job.  (Student looking over my shoulder saw it before I did.  I am so proud of him.)

The last thing is thanking to all whose printable or PowerPoint I downloaded and haven�t had the chance to properly thank them.

12 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2