Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Katiana ´s Reported Worksheet    

Katiana ´s Reported Worksheet

susiebelle
United States

Katiana ´s Reported Worksheet

I have just been on the moderator�s board and am amazed at the lack of manners many of the moderators are showing towards the reporting of Katiana �s �Pronoun  Worksheet

Some of the exercises� wording  may have been borrowed from another site but it was never put together in this lovely worksheet that Katiana made.  I don�t understand how anyone can compare this situation with other copy/pasted plagiarized contributions. This worksheet was also submitted at a time when it was not required to list all your sources of material/information for worksheet contributions.

I really hope that Katiana doesn�t get fed up with this pettiness and decide to leave this site.  Her contributions have helped build this site and so many people have benefitted from her hard work. 

12 Jun 2009      

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Dear susiebelle,

I totally agree with you. Of course people can leave comments and we must respect everybody �s opinion, but what I �ve seen here is rage and cruelty towards a member of this community.

What I �ve seen is a gang of cowards leaving nasty comments but hiding their identity.

It �s as disgusting as sending anonymous letters. Cowards do that.

And that �s what I �m complaining about, this kind of low behavior.

I also hope Katiana doesn �t leave this site, because that �s what some jealous people (fortunately a minority) would like. Poor souls. What jealousy can do to a human being... What a pity if that�s what they teach.

Dear Katiana, please, don�t take any notice of bitter comments. As I said, they are just a minority.

A lot of people appreciate you and your work.

Have a nice day everybody,

12 Jun 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi Susiebelle,
I agree with you, Katianna is one of the best contributors in ESLPrintables and some weeks ago she, other members and me were very upset about some teachers here stealing worksheets and uploading them to other personal and public sites. Now, this topic you have started about moderators. Some moderators are not taking the task very seriously and they report worksheets as stolen. I don �t consider Katianna has stolen the exercises, she has just adapted them to the worksheet, she has created something new. As you say, she hasn �t copy and past from another website, she has worked hard to create that worksheet. How many teachers here don �t take ideas or exercises from English books or websites to prepare their worksheets? How many create absolutely original texts, make the pictures they take to create a worksheet, etc?
On the other hand, I think the task of reporting worksheets shouldn �t be anonymous. The person who reported it didn �t leave his name. This is not fair.
INMA ALC�ZAR

12 Jun 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Then, some peope "borrow words" when they copy all the exercises from a site and others "steal", I have never copied a worksheet, but I think we should all take into account the fact that we have to be completely objective when we vote for the removal of a worksheet. I voted and sent Katiana a PM with my opinion on the subject.
I agree with the fact that nobody has to leave nasty comments. We are teachers and should never be so unplesant.
It is easy to understand that Katiana made a mistake uploading a worksheet she had taken from other site without noticing it because she has many. She even said so and that�s no so serious(everybody can make a mistake and nobody should be punished for that).  However I also agree with the fact that if a worksheet contains copied exercises and a pove is provided, it should be deleted, as many others are, no matter whose worksheet it is.
By saying that I don�t envy anyone, neither need I take revenge on anyone. I may have had some differences with Katiana on one occasion but I spoke to her and solved it.
Say that a friend "borrows exercises" and us ethe word "steal" when speaking about other people�s work is somehow cynical.

12 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

We are not complaining about reporting a ws, at least I am not.

All members can report a worksheet. They don �t have to be moderators.

But the nasty comments do come from anonymous moderators. Why are they so afraid of writing their names? That �s what I am complaing about. I don �t like cowards, that �s all.

Have a nice day!

12 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I am in total agreement with you Mar.  Yesterday, when I saw some of  the comments I could not believe my eyes.  I mentioned that it was very disturbing to me and asked why people were afraid to write their names when making a comment.  I am glad that Victor confirmed that some of these people are not moderators.  I think they just want to stir up trouble.  I don �t like cowards either.

12 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

For me those nasty comments are caused by people �s envy... that �s it.

MOST OF US have copied exercises from books and have adapted them to create a new sheet! She did not copy paste as some mentioned... she adapted, for me this is not considered as stealing, besides she only adapted around 3 exercises but the rest was hers.

But above all, people did not respect katiana with those nasty comments...

I am with Mar, "they are just a minority"... so Katiana deaf ears to nasty words

12 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Because of the Corpus Christ holiday I was most of the day in front of the computer and I read all the comments in the forum and the reporting page. I read Katiana �s comment on the forum complaining about moderators, and also read the comments on her ws at the reporting page.

I didn �d vote her ws because I �ve been here only for a couple of months and I felt it would be a trick matter, involving a very known member and one old ws, posted before some rules we have now, so I decided to vote it today (it was very late when I saw the reported ws) but it wasn �t there anymore when I woke up today.

In my opinion - and it �s only my personal opinion - some moderators might have felt in the mood for a revenge (against her previous comments on the forum) when they found her ws in the reporting page. Something like: "I �ll teach her a lesson."

I ask again and again to vote with the rules in mind and not with your heart. Please, let your emotions, feelings, likes and dislikes out of the reporting page. Be fair and if you have something to say to someone, do it openly (with your name) through a PM or by email.

I sincerely hope that ws hadn �t been removed and that Katiana understands that not all of us want her to feel bad. The majority here love her work and respect her as a helpful colleague and a wonderful worksheet maker. I can assure most of us feel grateful for her wonderful and useful work here.

Remembering that nobody can be approved by everyone, we need to understand that we always will have some against us, that �s normal and perfectly acceptable. But it �s inacceptable that some members use the "moderation power" to attack people they don �t like or maybe they feel envy, dunno.

In fact I �m here to apologize with Katiana for not defending her, due to the late hour and for the ones who used their words as weapons just in order to hurt.

DON �T USE YOUR WORDS AS WEAPONS, THEY MAY RETURN AGAINST YOU.

Have a nice Friday.

Zailda Coirano

12 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

What happened with Katiana yesterday raised some questions for me. I did not vote, did not leave any comments because it was not clear to me what to do. It raised a question of fairness for me because it �s true that I have seen other members reported for copying exercises from other websites. I know that Katiana personalized and adapted and I �m aware that she was probably a victim or retaliation. I know she �s a really creative member here and I absolutely adore what she does.

I �ve never seen so many anonymous comments for a reported printable.

12 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I did vote and I did sign my comment, but I must say again (third time today) that I would prefer that names be automatically generated whenever anyone reports a worksheet or leaves a comment.  Only moderators would see these names so I don �t think it will lead to excessive disputes within the forum and it should make everyone a little more careful about what they say and how they say it.

At the moment when we sign our name to a comment we leave ourselves open to anonymous internet bullies.  I �m a sensitive guy and, like many others, I don �t take kindly to this.

12 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I am very sad to hear about this as well but I did not see it... If it was last night I had swedish class... I have not seen the comments left, but it must have been pretty bad for it to have been commented on in the forum.... Everything that I would say has been said already by others it would seem....
I really don �t know what to say more except let �s think twice before we speak....if you would not say something to someone �s face, then it is a good indication that it probably should not be said...

12 Jun 2009