Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A favour    

A favour

Zora
Canada

A favour

I �d like to ask other members that put up online activities to actually start reviewing their colleagues � work.

It is always the same people reviewing everybody �s work and I �d love to see some new faces.  Also, it would be a common courtesy toward others that you take the time to return the favour.

I know have just gotten back into the swing of things and started reviewing the work. Some of it is wonderful, others not so much and it seems like an attempt at fast points... which is sad since a good online exercise is not hard to do, it �s just very time consuming since when you start one up you have to finish it... and sometimes, the system goes down and all the hard work is lost.. This happened to me last week...and I am still annoyed at what happened because it was for little ones and the copying and finding the right gifs took forever... But oh, well.. that �s life sometimes...

Anyways, I ramble:

I just wanted to say... people who are making online activities should review other colleagues work too, it �s only fair! Also, look at it this way if you need an incentive to do it - the more people that vote, the more points you get! So, come on people, please take 10 minutes out of your day and take a look at the online activities up in the daily contributions so that the same people don �t always have to be reviewing the hard work by others...

Now, I �d like to personally thank them...

A big hug to: Hug for all their hard work!

Victoria_ladybug
Jujuka
Frenchfrog
Goodnesses
Pacchy
Gilorit
Leva
Pam_D
Moravc
Cynw
Tanagotchi

I �d also like to say thank you to the few newcomers that have started to leave messages... and if I forgot anybody please forgive me... Smile

12 Jun 2009      

frenchfrog
France

I would like to add that YOU DON �T NEED TO SPEND A POINT to view an online exercise!!!

You can view online exercises any time you want. But you can vote only on the day they are published (Why is that so by the way???).

You are missing very funny and / or interesting videos and great activities!!!

Remember: our students need to hear some English too!!!

12 Jun 2009     

Rafinha83
Brazil

Hi Zora!!! I �m really ashamedEmbarrassed. I confess that today was the first day I reviewed an online exercise and I have to say that Frenchfrog is right there are great and also very useful activities. I promise that from now on I �ll take time to review some online exercises... And Frenchfrog  thanks for remind us that we don �t need to spend a point to view an online exercise.
Hugs
          ( this is for you frenchfrog)

12 Jun 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi Linda,

I completely agree with you. Making online games must be somehow disheartening, because there is very little feedback. There are few comments, and we cannot see the number of teachers who use it.

I hope this will be better soon. These are my ideas:
- Teachers could be able to send you a message when they choose your activity for their students.
- It would be possible to see the number of teachers that added the exercise to "their students notebooks", and the number of students that did the exercise.

BTW, when you start making an online exercise, you don �t need to finish it. You can save it for later using the "save" button . Your exercise will be saved in a personal folder in the web server. You can use the "open" button  to continue making the exercise whenever you want.
I recommend to save your work frequently, just in case the system goes down and you lose your work.

Hugs,

Victor

12 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Hi, Victor!

I often use the "save" button but my previews often look weird (i.e. pictures are not where they are supposed to be; but everything is OK when you view the exercise, see for example: http://www.eslprintables.com/exercise.asp?id=1197#thetop) once I upload the exercise. Is there a link?

12 Jun 2009     

cely
Argentina

Dear Frenchfrog and Zora: 
I think online exercises are GREAT!! but I only checked once,  because  my students don �t have the chance to play them, as where they live there are not cybers and almost anybody has computers in their houses. This is only the reason I hardly ever use them. 
I really would like to use them with my students, but  for the time being is not possible. At school we have computers but not internet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH dear for being so generous and always help us!!
A big hug from Argentina.

12 Jun 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi, Frenchfrog,

It happens sometimes, I don �t know why. In that case, send me a PM and I �ll correct it.

Hugs,

Victor

12 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

Thank you Victor... I didn �t know about the save button! Silly me... How long have I been making exercises now... and I just find that out! I should really pay more attention at times... Embarrassed

And those sound like very good ideas. Smile  At least, it will give us an idea of what people like, and then they can contact us directly if they want something specific, or there is something strange going on with the activity.

Thank you again for your time (I know you are short of it!) and consideration... and patience! (Surprising that you don �t strangle us at times for the way we act! LOL )

Warm regards,

Linda

12 Jun 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi Linda
You raised an issue that always bothered me, the number of comments on an on-line exercise.
It is dissappointing to see that only few people, and always the same ones, look at your work and comment.
I love on-line exercises and ever since Victor gave the opportunity of an on-line notebook for students , my students use them and enjoy them.
I thank again all the people who make these exercises and all of you who comment.
Orit

12 Jun 2009