Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Picasso ´s Full Name    

Picasso ´s Full Name

frenchfrog
France

Picasso ´s Full Name

I have just learnt Picasso ´s full name:

Pablo Diego Jos� Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso Confused   LOLLOLLOL

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso)

12 Jun 2009      

zailda
Brazil

And look at the first Brazilian Emperor D. Pedro I:

Dom Pedro de Alcântara Francisco António João Carlos Xavier de Paula Miguel Rafael Joaquim Jos� Gonzaga Pascoal Cipriano Serafim de Bragança e Bourbon

Can you believe this?

12 Jun 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Shocked and I thought , when I was a young girl,that my name (Maria Eugenia) was too long to write...LOL

12 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Can you imagine writing that when you first learn how to write at school? By the time you ´re done, it ´s the end of the first day...

12 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I was just wondering how come it is too long, and there are a lot of DE ´s (i.e. from / von / fon / O � / etc.) I guess it means Pablo the son of this mother and the son of this father from this and this place. That to me isn ´t a name .... If you know what i mean.

12 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I think that people from Europe used to have such long names because they didn ´t want to give up their noble ancestors names. They must have been so proud to "carry" these names!

When I was a child (it was looong time ago...) I found my name too long (Zailda Prates Mendes Coirano) so I abbreviated it and I ´m so used to write only the first and the last that I hardly remember the middle ones!

Have a great weekend!

Zailda Coirano

12 Jun 2009