Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TO ZAILDA : MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES    

TO ZAILDA : MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES

jessicae
Spain

TO ZAILDA : MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES

"Thanks for the supporting!
I have only one more question before finishing this topic: if other moderators voted to remove the ws and left comments, why is this topic directly pointing to me?
No need to answer, just to think about.
Have a great evening
Zailda Coirano "

Regarding this message , I felt really bad for directing this message directly to you, Zailda. You say in your message that there is " no need to answer", but I want to give you the answer. I pointed directly to you, because yours was the only name signing for the removal (there was no other comment apart from yours),  and thus I thought that you were the only person who asked my sheet to be removed. That�s why I was asking for a fair explanation.
If I offended you some way, please accept my apologies. I didn�t want to disturb you or point at you in a mean way.
Jessicae

PS. I did not know where exactly to write this message, but I hope it gets to you anyway. I just wanted to publicly apologize for the inconvenience I might have caused to you :-(

12 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

For your information, you can also private message a person if you want to ask him/her directly. Just click on the envelope under their flag.

Hope you have a good weekend!

12 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

It is so big of you to publicly apologize to Zailda. 
I hope you can reupload your new editted worksheet so that we can all have a chance to see it.  I am looking forward to it.

Best wishes***Susiebelle

13 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

No problem, I �m not offended.

I only want to make things clear, not for you but for everyone. Any person can report a ws, no need to be a moderator for doing it. The reporting box is available for everyone, every time a member access a ws. I didn �t report your ws, I only agreed it should be deleted and signed after the comment, as I always do. Sometimes the first moderator´s review appears before the comment of the member who reported a ws and it may look like the moderator reported the ws, but in fact the person who reported appears in the second place, under the first moderator �s comment.

Regarding to old rules, there are lots of new members signing every day and they don �t have access to them (and neither do I) so they read and report wss according to the rules we see before uploading a ws. The moderators have a "bible" to follow, written by Victor, showing all the rules with examples on what should and shouldn �t be deleted in the reporting page, so we just follow what he provided there for us.

I agree that moderators must be patient and polite and support all members who besides of having their wss deleted, also received impolite or rude comments by moderators, but I can assure that we neither create rules nor vote according to our willing. We have strict rules written (with pics and examples) to follow when reviewing a ws.

And I also have to point out the fact that a ws is deleted only if the majority vote to remove it, and that it �s not necessary to comment, so your ws might have been voted by dozens of other moderators who didn �t want to comment.

A moderator doesn �t have the isolated power to remove a ws, it �s necessary that others agree with it, following Victor �s rules we have in front of us all the time to refresh our memories - just in case.

It �s a hard and bothering work and I have to confess that I �m not a diligent moderator, I only go to the reporting page when I have some spare time (not very often) and it takes hours because we have to check the ws first, look the other ws on the member �s profile, follow the links people provide when reporting and consult the rules to see wheter it fits or not.

I admire some moderators who seem to know every single book written in English and all the sites because they help a lot, providing the original sites when a ws is reported as a copy. With dozens of them here I strongly recommend members who are thinking about smuggling copied material here to give up because they �ll certainly catch you in the act and you �ll have the dsiturbing matter of having a ws deleted, maybe some indigestive comments, and so on... And it won �t be good for your reputation as teachers.

I also recommend that if someone has old wss that don �t fit the new rules to update them, follow jessicae �s footsteps or they may be reported.

Finally, if you feel that a ws would be useless after adapting it to upload here, maybe it doesn �t belong here. I have more than 1.700 ws made by myself in my computer, some specially related to vocabulary and activities in my classes books, other with some translations that I feel won �t be useful here, so I use them only in class. I �m not anger for points and before every download I consult my conscience and ask myself if it will be useful here for great majority of the members. If the answer is "not" I keep it in my computer.

Have a great weekend.

Zailda Coirano

13 Jun 2009