Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Coloured printables    

Coloured printables

mailis
Greece

Coloured printables

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what do you do in the case of coloured printables....

Although I adore coloured printables I avoid creating/ printing them because in our school we only have a black & white photocopier.

Do you have a photocopier that produces coloured copies? (because those ones are really expensive) Do you show them via a projector?

I wish I could give my students coloured printables...unfortunately the colours are lostCry

16 Jun 2009      

lgk1000
United States

Hello Mailis,

I also only have access to a black and white copier, so I will usually only use a color copier (at an office supply store) if color is extremely necessary for the lesson. Occasionally, I will also just color the copies with crayons or markers, but that takes a lot of time. Despite not being able to use color printables for myself, I have started making the printables that I upload to this site in color because it is helpful to other members and they seem to appreciate the effort. 

Good luck with your future printables!

16 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I show the colored pictures on an over-head viewer or projector from my computer and often re-do the colored worksheets in paint shop pro ( any other image program will do) and make them black and whites for the kids.
L

16 Jun 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Hello,
I have no problem at all to print the coloured worksheet on a black and white printer and ohp or video project the coloured version.

16 Jun 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

there is no disformation in printing coloured worksheets by a b&w photocopier. colours are directly changed into gray scale but pictures still remains distinguishable.

16 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I used to change them to B&W but now I just photocpy them as is - most actually look better copied from a colour copy than when converted to B&W.

16 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I use an inkjet printer and refill my own ink cartridges; it �s the only way I can afford to use colour.  With primary children I usually print B & W because they use many worksheets, but with secondary I use a lot of colour worksheets, it really helps to keep their interest.

16 Jun 2009