Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are your favorite English TV programs?    

What are your favorite English TV programs?

douglas
United States

The Jeffersons, Northern Exposure; Picket Fences; Gilligan�s Island; Hogan�s Heroes; Star Trek; Kung fu; Fantasy Island.  I still like watching The Golden Girls and The Nanny too (but don�t tell anyoneSmile).

I watched a lot of "Starsky and Hutch", "Barretta" and game shows too.

19 Jun 2009     

Roy Piepers
Spain

The IT crowd, the Vicar of Dibley, Keeping up Appearances are fantastic. Will and Grace and Absolutely Fabulousis hilarious. Currently I am watching 3rd Rock from the Sun which has me in stitches all the time.

And one that I haven �t seen here yet.... Benidorm. Everything you ever thought about "a typical British family" going on a week�s all-inclusive holiday is confirmed here. It �s brilliant.

19 Jun 2009     

mariamit
Greece

What a great topic. It  brings back some nice memories. Growing up in New York,  I watched The Beverly Hillbillies, Golden Girls, Married With Children, Little House on the prairie,  Gilligan �s Island- and my favourite cartoons The Carebears. I also llike  � Allo, Allo Yes, Minister.

19 Jun 2009     

Hannale
Greece

Friends,by far the best show in my opinion!!!

19 Jun 2009     

pepelie
United Kingdom

Being a Brit I love Coupling.  Much prefer it to Friends.  I also love The Office, Fawlty Towers etc...  Watching BBC Prime last night I came across newer ones like Ideal and Lead Balloon.  I liked them but I really don �t think they �re for kids Smile

American Sitcoms I love are 3rd Rock from the Sun and King of Queens.  Don �t think that �ve been mentioned up to now.

Does anyone know what Happy Days is?  My German bloke has no idea Cry

19 Jun 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

"Mr Bean" is always great fun to watch! I also like some episodes of "One Foot in the Grave" and the "Red Dwarf" :-)  Let �s not forget "24" and "Prison Break".  Ah! and "Stargate", as well!

19 Jun 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

Nobody watches my personal favorite GREYS ANATOMY... so love it
Friends
Sex and the City
Desperate Housewives
Everybody hates Chris

One that awesome for teaching "whose line is it anyway?" full of puns

Well, gotta work

KISS

19 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Friends, Friends, Friends - one and only!

The Simpsons

Dharma and Greg
(me being her, and my hubby him)

Only Fools and Horses
(so ... natural, i wrote about Del Boy being the embodiment of a southern Serb here:

19 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

The reason why I wrote this here and not on the cafe�board was because so many of these great comedy television programs are fabulous for teaching about English speaking cultures. You really get to know the people through their humor!

Thanks for your replies.

HeartLibertybelle

19 Jun 2009     

annelaure
France

Do you know the series "The Wire? �if you like crime, politics and quite tricky plots, then that �s the one for you, that �s pretty old, but that �s EXCELLENT!! it �s an american series, takes place in Baltimore.
I don �t think you can use it in class thought, a bit too difficult and probably some of the intrigues can be shocking, but for teachers....

19 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >