Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Rain    

Rain

mjotab
Spain

Rain

Watch the start of this video. If you close your eyes, it �s drizzling, then raining, then pouring and then stormy. Useful to teach the weather!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbpwlqp5Qw

22 Jun 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

We did this at a youth rally once. It is amazing to see this done.

22 Jun 2009     

annna
Slovenia

I know the song. It �s a well known group from my country, Slovenia.

22 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

But THE REAL GROUP is Swedish! I �ve seen them in concert too.

22 Jun 2009     

douglas
United States

The song was originally done by Toto

Wikipedia:

Toto was an American rock band founded in 1977 by some of the most popular and experienced session musicians of the era.

"Africa" is a song by rock band Toto. The song was included on their 1982 album Toto IV, and scored number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in February 1983 and number three on the UK Singles Chart the same month. The song was written by the band �s keyboardist David Paich and drummer Jeff Porcaro. David Paich sings both verses of the song. Bobby Kimball, Steve Lukather and Paich sing the choruses.

Arguably Toto�s most recognizable song, �Africa� scored Number 1 on the Billboard Charts in February 1983. It was almost omitted from the Toto IV record prior to its release. Having spent a great amount of time producing the tune, the band became so tired of the song that they didn�t want it on the album. The song itself was very different from anything the band had done before, and some members felt that it didn�t sound like Toto.

�I didn�t think it was very good,� said Steve Lukather (Classic Rock Revisited, 2003). �That tells you what can happen when we pick our own singles!�

David Paich, who co-wrote the song with Jeff Porcaro, said that it �could have been the beginning of a solo project [for me] because it was so different. I thought I�d save it�[because] world music wasn�t around then.�

22 Jun 2009