Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Could anyone help me?     

Could anyone help me?

saninfe
Spain

Could anyone help me?

I �d like to know how  the different levels of English are stated. I mean, sometimes you make ws for 9th grade students. How old are they? In Spain it �s quite different and i need to clear myself about it.
Thanks in advance.

23 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

I think it �s better if you rely on age descriptions and levels like elementary, intermediate and advanced, because levels differ from country to country...

23 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

Well, in Canada Grade 9 is usually 14 - 15... 

23 Jun 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Same for America.

23 Jun 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

I think same in Italy, we have 5 years of Primary school, 3 of Middle school, 5 of High school and we start at 6 years.

23 Jun 2009     

Lingua-Franca
Spain

Basically all levels from one country to another tend to be quite similar. However, they might be called different. As in eastern countries kids normally start primary education�-forget kindergarten- at the same time it �s just a matter of counting. According to the Spanish system kids reach until 6th grade and then they start 1st of ESO but if you keep counting from 6 you �ll propably be right guessing the age of a 9th level of a different country. Anyway I would follow anitarobi �s levels as the age does not mean a certaing knowledge

23 Jun 2009     

saninfe
Spain

In Spain it �s like this:
  1. nursery infant education (0 to 6 years)
  2. primary education (6 to 12 years)
  3. compulsory secondary education (12 to 16 years)
  4. post-compulsory secondary education, including the baccalaureate and the middle grade of vocational training
  5. upper grade vocational training
  6. university education

But it has nothing to do with the level of English. Thanks to all for helping me. I �ll rely on the level and not in the grade.

23 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

In Quebec, kids start school at 5 years old

1 year of kindergarten
6 years of elementary
5 years of secondary

From there: they have two choices:
2 years of college followed by university or
3 years of college.

23 Jun 2009