Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FOR ALL OF YOU WHO MIGHT BE FEELING A LITTLE DOWN AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK...    

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO MIGHT BE FEELING A LITTLE DOWN AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK...

anitarobi
Croatia

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO MIGHT BE FEELING A LITTLE DOWN AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK...

THIS IS STH I CAME ACROSS AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN BURRIED IN LOADS OF EXAM PAPERS, SHOWS FOR PARENTS, EMOTIONS OVER LOSING SOME OF YOUR STS WHO ARE TOO BIG TO NEED YOU ANY MORE....

23 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Thank you Anita. It �s true that all the little things count. There is a saying that says if you think you �re too small to make a difference, spend the night with a mosquito.

23 Jun 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Funny you should bring it up Anita cause I have been experiencing this lately...

I am in a relaxed-reflective-sad-and-happy mood plus I �m listening to Dream a Little Dream right now so don �t mind me if I write a long post...

My adult students haven �t been very regular in their classes recently, though some of them are very regular... I sometimes think if my classes are ridiculous and bore them to death...

Although there is one guy in particular in my Elementary group, there was a time when he first joined he couldn �t say a word... God, he is just getting better by the week... And he has very poor writing skills, but he can now joke in English and gained so much in confidence...
All of them have, really...
The other one who began at the same time, his story upsets me greatly, would you believe at some point he used to be the best in class, and then he started missing classes and became disinterested somehow, and now he rarely comes at all, but I had such hopes for him...

Funny how sometimes you receive the best results from a student who you ddin �t expect to receive it from... And the ones who seem eager to learn drop out...

And this Brazilian girl... for the first two days in class she refused to do anything so I didn �t poke her, but today she has just been great and worked so hard and did her best...and enjoyed herself, too...

And the two older ones, even though it �s hard for them for their age to work with mostly youngsters... still they try and progress...

I am talking about my Elementary group for whom I yesterday found a new teacher, a very lovely one, thank God...

Anyway, they were saaad when I told them I �m going... You know how they go "Aaaahhh..."

And this is sort of bitter-sweet, you know what I mean?... You are happy to find they love you, but then all of a sudden you realise that you �d rather not leave them... And I would rather not, but I can �t continue managing two groups any longer, because my paperwork just piles up and makes me feel guilty...

I think I �ll miss them because it is particularly with those Beginner-Elementary students that you can see the results of your work easier...

Even though I �m practically next door I �ll miss them...

On the other hand, my morning group is half-empty... Why?... No idea... Only the most faithful ones remain... Depends on each particular combination of people, I guess...

It is probably silly trying to search for my crime (or not?), just reflcetions, you know...

Anyways, the song is finished, better start my ironing...

23 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm, Manonski, i �ve heard about that one. BUT, i must disagree.
A d**n FLEA is a LOT worse than a mosquito!! Angry
I was in the country the other day and must have picked one (or two, or even a couple, and they started having babies in my apartment!) and during the night they left itchy red spots on my neck and hands. I have all my clothes and bed sheets already washed and on the line, i have sprayed the whole place with an insecticide in the hope that i get rid of it/them... See what that little tiny jumpy creature has done to me?!? Cry Btw, in The Most Extreme programme on animals, the flea was pronounced the greatest jump-er in the world! It�s as if a man could jump over a skyscraper!
 Though this one looks really cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjaNLlF50I

24 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hehehe Ivona.Watched that cartoon.  To get rid of those "nippers"why don �t you copy the crafty old fox.  He goes into the river ad submerges himself. He just lets his nose sticking out of the water. The fleas scurry for safety and gather on his nose (dry land) . Old Crafty then just lets his nose sink for a few seconds and lets the river carry the pesky little "biters"  away. Try it in your bath hahahaha!LOLWink
Caroline Hug

24 Jun 2009