Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Where can I find short "fascinating" online ESL videos for pre-teens/ teens?    

Where can I find short "fascinating" online ESL videos for pre-teens/ teens?

Makiki
Germany

Where can I find short "fascinating" online ESL videos for pre-teens/ teens?

Hello everyone,

This spring I started teaching English at a school where we �re supposed to "fascinate" the 11- 14 year old students through 2x/ weekly 30 minute "input" lessons so much so that they will work independently with other English-learning materials for the rest of the week and achieve at the same or higher level of competency as other kids who get regular classroom instruction (5x/ week) and homework.

I �ve taught Spanish, French and German to mostly adults for many years but never ESL and it has been quite the learning curve for me.

Can anyone here recommend websites to me that include short "fascinating" 3-5 minute video clips I could show to the kids in my "inputs"? They �re in their first to third years of learning English.

Thank you so much.

Daniela

25 Jun 2009      

isabelle99
Monaco

I �ve downloaded some stuff on this site about the most pierced woman in the world and the lizard man (a man tatooed as a lizard). teens love them. Ws about trailers and cartoons are very nice too.You can also find songs on this site which are great for teens. and I �ve just found some Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry videos on you tube which are not difficult and very funny. Good luck!!!

25 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

One of the members posted this link here last week (sorry I forgot his/her nameEmbarrassed - I think it was Damir, but not sure)... and I absolutely love it...

25 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Have a look on www.teachertube.com

26 Jun 2009