Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What programs do you folks use to make those colourful worksheets?    

What programs do you folks use to make those colourful worksheets?

thaisoneon
Thailand

What programs do you folks use to make those colourful worksheets?

I �m brand new to this site and am so impressed with the sheets people have devised themselves. I have a clip art disc with images that could be very helpful, but don �t know what program some of you might be using to combine the graphics with the text exactly the way you want. them. I only know how to copy an image into Word and resize it, and then I have to fight the program to place the images and any corresponding text where I want them.  Any tips or software recommendations would be much appreciated, and I promise to share the results!

25 Jun 2009      

FroggyClaudine
France

I personally used Word and nothing else. When you copy in image into a word document, right-click the image and in form (not sure about the term because obviously I �ve got it in French), put it in front of the text and then you can move it exactly as you wish, without any problem. Hope it helps.

25 Jun 2009     

yenn
Mexico

there are tutorials in this site.. here�s the link of one made by frechfrog..
Hope it works for you.

25 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi Thaisoneon! WELCOME to this wonderful site! All you need is Microsoft Word and some very nice, top quality graphics.

Have a good night/ day.
mena

26 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Yep, I agree.  I only use Word 2003 and PPT 2003.

26 Jun 2009     

ianthenorton
China

Hi there...
Personally, I hate Word and find it really hard to use.  I use Microsoft Publisher, save the pages as a jpeg and then copy and paste.  You could also use Powerpoint as the other users do.
Have fun.

26 Jun 2009