Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > FUNNY PUBLIC SIGNS IN ENGLISH    

FUNNY PUBLIC SIGNS IN ENGLISH

anitarobi
Croatia

FUNNY PUBLIC SIGNS IN ENGLISH

Hi, everybody!

Manon just mentioned sth the other day - about how you get really nervous when you see public adds or signs that have mistakes on them, so I remembered funny signs and found some I wanted to share with you. Since there are great ways of using this in lessons, and have fun, pls share some here if you have them...

29 Jun 2009      

elderberrywine
Germany

anitarobi, dear friend,
are you getting hyperactive ESL-wise before you are going on holidays? Is this an anti-withdrawal-symptoms-therapy you are undergoing??
Sending you a big grin and a hug!! Hug
Dorothea

29 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

you got me there... and I thought I was being all shady and inconspicuousCool....
Thanks for the hug - right back at youHug, Dorothea!
Btw, it �s not a holiday - I �ll be working there... I have holidays in August... but I sure will miss your insights for the next couple of weeks...
Anita

29 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Something nice for you to take with you, anitarobi
Wonderful definitions of friendship:

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

A friend is someone who thinks you �re a good egg even though you �re slightly cracked.

29 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Anita - I love those types of signs!  There �s a great site for crazy English - engrish.com
Some fun signs and mistranslations to brighten your Tuesday!
T :)

30 Jun 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

VERYBOUNCYPERSON, what an AWESOME SITE!!!!

plz, I think for those of you teaching in Asia it may even be funnier that it was to me...

LOL!!!

30 Jun 2009