Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > paid    

paid

renca
Czech Republic

Hiya,

here in the Czech Republic the situation is neither very good nor very bad. Teachers earn between 600 - 900 euros, depending on their experience and also teaching load, which is between 21 - 23 hours a week. The cost of living is slightly lower than that in Germany, but still it is the husband who must bring home the bacon and of course he can�t be a teacher. For a single teacher it is not easy to make ends meet.

Cheers

Renata

1 Jul 2009     

yalanguz
Turkey

Hey,

I work for both government and for a private course as well as make some translations. This is too much work and at the end of the day I can hardly earn the amount that is a normal salary for which people work half of the time that I do:(

1 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

After reading all your comments i�ve come to a conclusion: we, teachers, do this job because we really love it, not because of money.

At least we can do what we like. It�s much more than what many of my fellows can say.

1 Jul 2009     

yingying
China

Hello, everybody, after reading all the posts, I feel lucky that in Hong Kong, teachers are paid much higher wage. But as what some members mentioned, we have to consider the cost of living in our own place. And I can tell you that in Hong Kong, we need to work from 8 to 5, nine hours a day, 45 hours a week. For some schools, you will see teachers work till 6 to 7 every day. For myself, I usually teach 6 35-minute-long periods a day. My throat always feels painful and my soul is always exhausted. It �s a slavery job with no family life at all. Sometimes we need to take students out on holidays too. It �s true we earn more but we also scarify more..... But one thing for sure is we all are doing something meaningful which sustains our drive to work continuously.  

2 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3