Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > worksheets duplicated    

worksheets duplicated

dawnmain
United Kingdom

worksheets duplicated

I can �t see the point of people uploading stuff that already exists eg - lists of irregular verbs, flashcards of months, days, colours, numbers and many more things that people have sent.

3 Jul 2009      

Akanah
Spain

When a YL (3-6 years) is studying a word, he needs to see different representations of that word. A basic example: a red rounded car. If he always studies CAR with the same pic, he may not be able to recognize a blue squared car on the the street.  

An when talking about older students, they get bored when using the same flash cards.

My POV ;)

Regards from sunny Malaga,

Olga

3 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

I think you are in your right not to see the point of people downloading the same worksheets (different worksheets about irregular verbs, for instance) but I think it�s quite clear the point of uploading them.
Each of us prepares his/her own works and exercises. So, if later, they can help you here to get some points, it�s quite clear the thing.

Anyway, i have to use many different exercises on the same topic with most of my students. It�s not enough for them to do an exercise on irregular verbs to learn them.
You must have great students if this not happens with them. ANd, as Akanah says, in the case of younger students and vocabulary ..... what can I say that you don�t know yet?????

I totally agree with Akanah. Otherwise, this site wouldn�t be such a success.

3 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Variety is the spice of life. Thumbs Up
No two worksheets are alike - this gives us all a better chance of finding exactly what we need!
L

3 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Besides, you spend one point downloading an old ws, if they are in recent contributions, a premium member can download 30 a day free of charge.

I think all the topics on grammar and vocabulary are covered here. It �s rare to look for a subject and find nothing, and we are proud of it. Any human being is different from the others, and so are the wss they create. Some people tend to like one teacher �s approach, other can prefer another one �s. Each person who talks or writes about something will create a brand new ws, different from all the others (at least is what we expect...).

The variety and profusion of approaches, points-of-view, layouts, etc, makes this site so unique in the Earth. Isn �t that great?

Zailda Coirano

3 Jul 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

As Zalida said...
the variety of approches and layouts is exactly what makes this site so unique...
making it possible to recycle structures and vocabulary as much as your students need it!
I can never get enough of this site!!! I just adore it!!!!
Happy Friday everybody!
Cyn

3 Jul 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, We need a variety of input and influence and voices. You cannot get all the answers to everything from one person or from one source.

3 Jul 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

First of all, all students do not learn in the same way and secondly variaty in my case  is what motivates my students  to achieve a better performance.

3 Jul 2009