Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > It was taking long...    

It was taking long...

zailda
Brazil

It was taking long...

A ws of mine was reported today by a coward person who didn �t provide the link from the original work. It �s impossible, since I created the ws and didn �t copy anyone �s work. I �ve been worked as an English and Spanish teacher and have got more than 1.700 wss created by myself on my pc, no need to copy. I �m just making some changes on some and creating around 5 or 6 a day.

I prepared the ws yesterday and didn �t think on sharing it here since it �s very simple but I changed my mind when I realized it can be used in some sorts of games as I explained in the ws �s description. It �s just a handout and I had a bad feeling when I uploaded it yesterday, someone could reported it as a clipart but it is not. But I was taken by surprise when someone reported it as stolen because I didn �t, won �t, wouldn �t, (whatever) steal material from anyone.

It was taking too long till a coward person dare report my wss, and I think that was because I don �t refrain from showing my opinions and don �t flatter anyone. I �m just as fair as a person can be, following my principles and if it makes me a target for people who don �t agree with fair, principles, honesty, and things alike,  I have to say I won �t change, and won �t stop doing what I feel is the right thing to do. You may want to report other wss to satisfy your hunger for revenge, but it will only show how unfair you are, whoever you can be.

6 Jul 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Another one was reported. The accusation: I �m using Katiana �s layout colors. So report and delete all the ws using pink! It could be funny if wasn �t so nasty.

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

Sorry but there are members reporting worksheets without real proofs! (I�m not signned in with my account because I know that for doingnthis (posting this message) I�ll get a lot of people reporting my worksheets just because and out of revenge!!!  And I´ll get a lot opf reported worksheets and deleted ones again just because people feel annoyed and start reporting just because without clear, and checkable links!!

I find totally unfair that Zaila, Popina, Silvia�( the ones reporting today!! all the comments are from you!)� would say! �this is a copy from the book happy feet, or the magazine whatever! If you don�t have real facts!!  Why should we believe you withouth real, visible links, proffs! etc! So please! Stop being so horrible to people!

AGAIN!..pls!! Provide REAL evidence!!! Why should we rely and believe what a member (that by the way some believe because they have some kind of friendship, so they take the other�s words for proofs)...!!!

YOU can�t accuse people of stealing from books when you don�t have a link or something real.. It�s unfair! We could say the same about yours!! And who is going to check a book  or a popluar magazine somwhere!!?!??!

What about if I say your worksheet was copied from the newspaper: The Mask of Zorro!! LOL Who is going to check that and why should people believe this? if there isn´t real visible proofs??????????????

It is a copy from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution
I agree. It should be removed    I don �t agree. Do not remove  

It is a copy from the book: Pls!! Provide REAL evidence!!! YOU can�t accuse people of stealing from books when you don�t have a link or something real.. It�s unfair! We could say the same about yours!! And who is going to check a book!?!??!

Comments:

Silvy1903

checked. Delete it please

zailda

Please, remove.

libertybelle

There are activities added to this reading piece.

veraviana

I�m sorry but there are somethings going on here that I think are getting out of line. In my opinion, if you write the source of your text and then add your own exercises/activities it�s ok. I mean, let�s face it, isn�t it what everybody else (or most people) here does? Let�s not overreact, shall we?

Reason:

It is a copy from the book: happy feet, COME on I have them all! , page: happy feet, COME on I have them all!

6 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I only comment the ws and wait until someone say it was checked and it �s a copy when I don �t have the book. I think the thing is getting worse, people are reporting wss for many reasons that are not the fair ones. I think Victor should do something about this, maybe if the person who reported the ws appears in the first comment, it will stop people from doing it. Normally the unfair members who report the ws for their own reasons get away with that because we don �t knwo who they are.

Zailda Coirano

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

Well then... IF you can �t check and see real proofs why do you vote for removal of some wss????

I don �t understand this! That �s not being a coherent moderator on your side!... If I say a worksheet was copied from the book: balbalbla..... you would believe it and vote for removal withouth havinga  real proof of the fact!?!? That �s unfair and really just trusting members you feel attatched to! this is not correct!! REal links, proofs should be clearly shown for voting on the removal of something!..

So in the end why do you vote?... like you do ?
just because someone said: "this is copied" and you agree!

This is just so out of order the moderating thing! you just can�t be real!

Ps: and please don´t bombard me with PMS like (anyone reading this)... becaue ethis is a public thing that has to be solved... moderators or ANYONE reporting  MUST provide real links! JUSt naming a book, magazine, or whatever doesn�t count!  When we provide links to other websites and or wss is different because then one can actually see the it with OUR eyes! not just belive what some moderator says!?!! that�s not correct! Provide real visible links if you (everyone reporting- not you personally Zailda)...  are going to report and accuse people!

6 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If a person reports a ws, s/he is not known, so s/he could say what s/he wants; if a moderator (showing his/her name) says that she checked and others agree with her, I vote with them. If they provide a link I go there and download the other ws to compare. If they say it �s a copy from other member I download both wss to compare. If I have the book I check and tell other moderators that I checked. What else should I do? If at the end they don �t agree about if it �s a copy or not, I don �t vote. But I have the right of giving my opinion even if I don �t vote, the same way most member vote without giving their comment to avoid being a target for revenge. I may be wrong or right, but I try as much as a can do not remove a ws, even send PMs to members to adapt them to avoid being reported or removed.

But I think something is happening here, many wss are being reported without a real reason, and for this reason I agree with people who asked Victor to know the person who reported a ws. Many of them do it for their own reasons that are not related to the sites interests. They use their power to report anonymously a ws and getting away with it as a weapon, but I think Victor can do something about this point.

Please, Victor, whatever you are, could you give us some support on this subject? What about knowing the person who is reporting a ws? How about some penalties for who report a ws without "legal" reasons?

Thanks in advance

Zailda Coirano

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

What about some penalties for the ones who report  wss without real sources available to see links or books! And some penalties for the moderators who VOTE for removal of wss without real proofs and or reasons?.. People can´t vote just because they have good feelings towards the person who reported and accuse another person´s worksheet as copied.

You can �t say this is copied from the book happy feet!.. who is going to check?.. and if noone has it .. why should we belive this person saying SHE or HE HAS the book? SHe or he could be lying! and yet some members, moderators... vote for removal of wss without real proofs!!

Others copy other members layout..like happened some time ago with Rosa Pachecho and Paula_esl and the worksheet stayed!!

So then, why are these wss allowed to stay and then others out of the blue say some work is a copy from a book or amgazine without real links, visible links to check. Why do we have to believe them!?!?

6 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

That �s what I said, pennalties for members who report a ws without proof or real reasons. I don �t report wss, only if they are blank or corrupted, but if most of members agree (and they say they checked the ws) should I presume they are all not telling the truth? I trust them, they are using their names when commenting. I don �t trust people who report the ws because no one knows who they are. But wait for a moment: Victor knows who they are. How about banning them?

Zailda Coirano

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

You are not getting my point!! If a wss can be checked as stolen or copied ...Perfect! that �s correct!What I �m saying is something different! Some members say something is copied from a book and no-one can really check that, because they don �t have teh book, there is no web link or anything! And yet some moderators vote for removal just becaue they have good feelings towards the person who said so!.. that´s incoherent.
For sure Victor knows who people reporting are! Shame that doesn �t solve the problem of some too envious and lacking ideas, jelous of successful contrubutors and wss

6 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree - I don �t know that book - but I did notice that there were added activities and voted for this worksheet to not be removed.

L

6 Jul 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Zailda�s contributions were unfairly reported because of her coherent and just comments.  She is never afraid of voicing her opinions and now she�s being punished for that bold behaviour.

Like her, I also check each reported page and avoid voting whenever I don�t have the source. Right now, for example, there are several reported wss �copied from I don�t know the source but the cells are clearly visible.� I abstain from voting if I am not 100% sure but, like Zailda, sometimes I trust moderators that I know are fair and responsible.  Mena, for example, has a book that I don�t have but whenever we have wss copied from that book I trust her judgment. 

I just wish that authors of reported and deleted wss would refrain from reporting the work of people who have left comments.

6 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >