Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Hi i need help please    

Hi i need help please

Ivi....
Argentina

Hi i need help please

Hey everyone
I m a trainee here in Argentina and i m preparing projects to teach a group of students. This time i have to introduce 3rd person + likes (with food and actions) can u suggest an idea for the final task, because i want students to do something different and i want my teacher to like my idea. Can u help me please?

7 Jul 2009      

Alicia del c.
Argentina

Hello Ivi: for simple present 3rd person I have done a work that gave me good results and sts liked a lot. It�s about dracula�s routine,you can find it in esl.
hope  you like
kiss.
alicia

7 Jul 2009     

samsunmustafa
Turkey

I �m sorry that I �m not gonna suggest you an activity different a lot.It �s an easy activity,but you need lots of fruits and vegetables flashcards.And you need two copies of each of them.You can hang or stick the first copies of flashcards on the board.And you will select a student and give them all the other copies.And you will make him or her go out.The student will select one fruit or veg and come in.And all the students in the classroom will say a word and try to guess which fruit he likes.Then the student who knows it correct will be made go out of the classroom to choose a flashcard.Thus you can make all the students speak.May be it isn �t so creative but may be it helps.

7 Jul 2009     

Ro_mina
Argentina

Hi Ivi!

I think you can design a sort of survey about likes and dislikes (I didn �t do it, I �m just thinking about it right now). I �m just telling you the bare idea...
Probably, you can design a simple and short quiz (3 or 4 questions) so that students go and ask each other. It �s a good way of producing authentic oral interaction.   
Then, they can present their results in a kind of chart or poster where they use the 3rd person.   
Probably you can divide the class in two (or more) groups and make different groups ask different surveys (for instance: a group asks about food; other about leisure activities; other about routine, etc.), in this case when they show the results the task would be more communicative.  
Regards
Ro

7 Jul 2009     

Ivi....
Argentina

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!! i like all of them, i think i will use them.+
I really appreciate ur help.
Once more thanks a lot

7 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

We play a game in our class called I Like.
We start in one end of the class and the first student says:
I like pizza.
the child next to him/her says:
He likes pizza, I like carrots.
The student in the next row says:
He likes pizza, she likes carrots and I like cheese.

and so on. It �s easier if you go around the room in order instead of jumping around.
It �s easier to remember.

You can choose any subject you like with this game.
The last student has to remember what all the others have said!

If you have too many in your class, you can make 2 groups in a circle.

Good luck!
L

8 Jul 2009