Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > English flashcards with sound    

English flashcards with sound

Bella W
United Kingdom

English flashcards with sound

Hello,
I created a set of English picture flashcards and I �ve now added sound to them.  The first 40 are free to download from vocabzone

I �ve also created French and Spanish flashcards.  Before I start to add sound to these I would like them double checked by somebody who has French or Spanish as a mother tongue.

If you can help me please contact me at [email protected]

In exchange I would give you any of the full sets of 800 flashcards, in whichever langauge(s) you wish, for free.

Thanks
Bella

9 Jul 2009      

gabitza
Romania

Bella,
the Vocabzone is fabulous! You did a Great job there!
Gabitza

9 Jul 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Ciao Bella. How amazing! How did you do? How could you add a sound to an image? I do it in a power point or on a Worksheet that is in my computer, but not the way you did!    Thanks                  

9 Jul 2009     

handstand
Venezuela

Bella, absolutely wonderful! I love the images and the sound is clear. Excellent work!

9 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Excellent!!

9 Jul 2009     

medeainside
Spain

Hello, Bella W!!!

As far as the kind of phonetic trancription of the flashcards in Spanish is concerned, I would like to tell you that it is not very precise in the sense that some of the words will be bound to be mispronounced!!! However, I think it is a great job!!!

9 Jul 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Lovely!!! Great job you did there!!!!

9 Jul 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Clap
Fantastic work!

9 Jul 2009     

mrs_teach
Bulgaria

� Exellent!

9 Jul 2009     

Bella W
United Kingdom

Thank you everyone.  All your replies and the help I have received have been fantastic. 

I created the flashcards as follows:

- I created the flashcards in microsoft word (pictures and text boxes). 

- Then converted the word file to a PDF file. 

- Then used a program called Text Aloud to recorded each word as a .wav file using a Text To Speach English voice

- Then added the .wav files to the PDF files using the sound tool in Adobe Acrobat

Eventually I want to create flashcards with two languages on.  For example, English with French underneath.  I also want to add more languages in time. 

Thank you.
Bella

9 Jul 2009