Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just giving you a feed back    

Just giving you a feed back

camilastohrer
Brazil

Just giving you a feed back

Hello everybody!

I don �t know if you remember, but some weeks ago I came to the forum asking for help concerning the age rate on a movie I was planning on watching with my students.
Turns out I took my chances and watched the film (I previously asked my coordinator what she thought and she told me to do it, considering all the bad things students have been watching without any guidance) and it was FANTASTIC!

I fast forwarded the strong scenes and during all the experience we were talking about prejudice and how wrong it was.
As a closure activity, they had to write a composition comparing what happened in the movie to the Apartheid (which they had studied with the History teacher) and we had a debate on prejudice and punishment (discussing the father who took justice into his own hands).

Even though it was something risky, the results were great.

Just wanted to thank you all for your contribution then, and leave the message that (with support of our superiors, of course!) it �s possible to work English with a deeper secondary approach. The students were soooo excited about it all!!

Thanks guys! I �m on vacations now! Cool 

Have a great week.

14 Jul 2009      

douglas
United States

Thanks for the feedback camila, I �m really glad it worked out so good.  Your students are lucky to have someone like you that is willing to take a chance on them.

Have a great vacation

14 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

I �m very curious to know what movie this was. Can you tell me? 

15 Jul 2009