Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Making Worksheets    

Making Worksheets

sstarr
United States

Making Worksheets

What program are you guys using to make your worksheets. �It �s amazing all the color and graphics that you are incorporating. �WOW! �I have some great worksheets, but they are all in WORD (boring) �I would appreciate your insight.

Thank you!

15 Jul 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

Welcome to this marvelous site! Hope you get addicted soon ;-))

All worksheets are made in MS Word... :-) We just download some pictures / clipart and add some borders / background colour... :-))
There are some tutorials - when you have some points, you can download them...
If you reach 30 points, you can download 30 RECENT wss daily :-)
Just upload what you had written and add some pics / colour to your wss...
Have a look at the most downloaded wss... The size limit is 300 kB, so clipart is a "good start"...
I am sure you �ll get your points if you upload something interesting...
Try to write a detailed description and informative name...

Good luck !

15 Jul 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Well, I only use Word to make my worksheets... and I think most members use it to make their worksheets.. There are some tutorials made by other members to help you make the most of your word processor or powerpoint, search for them in the site and it may help you!

Have a good day!

Hugs from Uruguay!!

Tricia

15 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Word has many options for adding colour, images and designs. I know there is a �how to � worksheet somewhere on the site. Let me try and find it. I hope this link works for you:

How to make a worksheet

I do all my worksheets in black and white simply because it is cheaper to print, though I may just get some new print cartridges and spoil my students ; )

15 Jul 2009     

melahel7
Canada

Unlike most people, I use Quark Express.  It is by far the best software for creating worksheets.  There is abslolutely no limit to what you can do with it.  Crop, scale, rezise, auto-image, you name it.  No pre-determined macros or tabs.  Quark is largely used by advertisment companies but also by various magazines for its creative tools and endless possibilities.  It could be remotely compared to MS Publisher.  Still, I �ve been pretty amazed with what some people can do with a word processor such as MS Word.  I wonder if anyone uses Wordperfect or Open Office.

15 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Is Quark compatible with Word for purposes of uploading to ESLPrintables? I used to use Word Perfect... a long, long time ago. Does it count? ;)

15 Jul 2009