Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > File type    

File type

linka
Poland

File type

I have some very nice worksheets, which I �d love to share with you but they are in .pdf files:/ Their .doc versions are much too big to upload here:/ What can I do with it? Any solutions? 

19 Jul 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

Can you break one into parts and upload one by one (Say Part 1 of Worksheet on Clothes etc.)?

But I know some worksheets here have 20 pages, and they are .doc.

19 Jul 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Hi Linka,

If you open the PDF file and then "Save As" Word Doc, do you think that �d work? If not, you may need to purchase a PDF Converter. I have one and it �s fantastic! Makes life much easier with documents!

Cheers,
ranclaude

19 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Try compressing all your images in Word and make sure they are the right size and not re-sized in the Word program.
You can also save your whole worksheet as a jpg - Then re-insert the whole page as a image and save.
You can also.............use your screen capture function.
I know there are lots of tutorials here - so last but not least, try looking for some of them in the search boxes above.
Good luck
L

19 Jul 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I would strongly suggest Ranclaude �s idea. Convert PDF to DOC. There are many FREE PROGRAMS to do so...
Pdf "picture pages" inserted in Word are NOT editable... :-(

The reason why the MS Word is the only document type at esprintables IS the POSSIBILITY TO EDIT the document... There are many of ESL pages with non-editable pdfs... Eslprintables.com are different...

IF you upload a pdf in word document and your wss is not editable, PLEASE STATE this in the description. 99% of worksheets here ARE editable...
The only reason why someone uploads a pdf / jpg in doc is the size of the worksheet.
Eg: One makes a wonderful boardgame full of pictures but the size is 10 MB... He inserts the boardgame into paint program and saves it as jpg. The size decreases to 200 kB...

19 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Hmmmm... I �m confused now...Wacko
I don �t think I understand linka �s problem anymore...
The advice is to convert PDF into .doc, but doesn �t linka say that - quoting "Their .doc versions are much too big to upload here"?...
Which means that she already has a .doc version (Word .doc I understand), but she finds them too big or to long...

Huh?... Ermm

19 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Linka, Lana �s advice is good... perhaps split it into two worksheets. Be careful of images in the doc. If you resize the image IN the word document, the file size will stay large. Resize the image outside of Word (in an image program), then insert it. That reduces file size too.

19 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Linka, sent you a pm - check

Anita

19 Jul 2009