Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > fonts and worksheets    

fonts and worksheets

stehre
Spain

fonts and worksheets

Dear V�ctor,

I�ve been having problems with some fonts. I was trying to send worksheets with a True Type font called "Gwibble", but when the worksheet was sent to this site the result was a disaster. At forums I read that I had to click on "Guardar como" "herramientas" "Opciones al guardar" and "Incrustar fuentes True Type". The thing is that it didn�t worked. CryFinally, I changed the font, but the results weren�t so attractive. Can you tell any solution for this font problems?

Thank you for your attention.

17 Sep 2008      

victor
Spain

Hi,
That solution is good, but it works only for true type fonts. I suppose that your font wasn�t true type.
You could try this:
Open the doc with Microsoft Publisher.
Then save as jpeg image.
Then open a new document in Microsoft Word and insert that image. Save the document and it is ready.

17 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Victor
Hi, Stehre

If you don�t mind my saying, why don�t you embed the fonts in your Doc.
Word 2007 = before saving on the bottom left corner of the save box click the button "TOOLS" then "saving options" then tick "embed  fonts in the file" + ("embed only caracters..." + "don�t embed common..."= smallest file size possible)

In previous versions go to TOOLS menu > OPTIONS > Saving properties tab then you do the same.

Hope this is useful and not too complicated for you Stehre.

18 Sep 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Whilst Victor�s method is practical and valid, can I suggest that folks do this only as a last resort.  My reason for saying this is that these type of worksheets are extremely difficult to alter.  One of the beauties and advantages of most of the printables downloaded from this site is that they can be altered to suit my inidividual needs - for instance I can only print in black and greyscale and so if colours are too strong, particularly in backgrounds then they hide the text on top of them.  Also, small pictures which illustrate the worksheet lose so much quality that they are unrecognisable. 

Sometimes there are slight errors that need changing or the content may contain some foreign words to help translation that are not relevant to my students.  With a .jpeg they are extremely difficult to alter.

So my request is that contributors do this only if there is no other way.

18 Sep 2008     

stehre
Spain

Hello again,

First of all thank you for all your quick answers Tongue.
V�ctor, I�ve been looking for Microsoft Publisher, but I have got an older version of Microsoft Word so it doesn�t exist in my computer. Nevertheless, I�ll try to improve my Microsoft version and put into practice goodnesses� method.
On the other hand, I understand Logos� stance so I�ll keep my different fonts only if it is really worth.

See you!

18 Sep 2008