Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet Requests    

Worksheet Requests

pepelie
United Kingdom

Worksheet Requests

Have any of you ever received a PM from a member with below 30 points asking you to send them your worksheets, because they �ve not had the points to download them themselves?  If so, did you?  Or did you think this was cheeky?

21 Jul 2009      

zailda
Brazil

I received but didn �t send anything. In fact I consider this sort of requests kind of bothering. What if every member under 30 points started sending this kind of messages? The spirit of the site is: if you want something, work for it. We are here to share, not to beg.

If we start sending ws by email, what will happen to this site? Of course, when a member has a problem with his/her pc and looses everything, or when a member who is contributing needs something, everyone will help.

But if the persons starts as a member just asking what s/he wants instead of working for it, in my point-of-view s/he �s starting with the wrong foot.

Have a nice day!

Zailda

21 Jul 2009     

pepelie
United Kingdom

I totally agree with you.  That �s why I didn �t respond to the message.  Just checking other people �s views on this

21 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

It �s my view. I always ask:

Who really helps: who gives you a fish or who teaches you how to fish?

Cheers

Zailda

21 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

It has never happened to me (yet?) but this site is about what it is. If you want "free" downloads out of nothing, just go to another site. There are lots. And if you have 30 points, then, you can still get 30 downloads. He/She just needs one or two of your works? He/She just needs to spend 2 points. Tomorrow s/he can work on something, upload it, and s/he�ll get more points.

There are rules everywhere, and we cannot try to jump over them. That, as you have said pepelie, is cheeky. And this site is too worthy. Do not let people change it into ............. I do not know how to say it, but you understand.

21 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Frankly, it �s so easy to earn the 30 points which get you everything else daily for free(you can have 30 points and get 30 free wss/ppts daily for the rest of your life - imagine getting that much in a supermarket!!!), that I �m amazed these people even bothered sending you a pm. Your word for it is really nice �cheeky � - it is cheeky. I �m with Zailde - work for it. I like some people who were confused about not getting enough points, asked for our advice on how to improve their work (not on giving them points or our wss) and used the advice, improving their work and now basking in the sunshade of personal success and achievement. But, people, WHEN DID IT ALL BECOME ABOUT POINTS???? I practically stopped counting after the first 30, and I just check from time to time so I can brag about it to my hubbie, so he �d know why I spend so much time here.
Pls, let �s not waste too much time on freeloaders! Most people here really work hard and selflessly share their work with us, and to them(and you, pepelie, for your courage to post this)...

Anita

21 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree - it is really easy to earn those 30 points - all it takes is a little time and creativity.
This is a sharing site. There are lots of free sites other places on the net.
That �s why I get mad when someone just uploads a picture and hope to earn points, when they could have used 10 minutes to add some good activities.
It is kind of an insult when you look at it that way. (as if no one here is worth the time)
So don �t answer - we share here!
The End Clap

Hugs
L

21 Jul 2009     

Sara Almeida
Portugal

It happened to me... probrably one month ago... He was a member from Brazil...

21 Jul 2009     

Alicia del c.
Argentina

Yes friend, he�s a brazilian teacher who asked for some works to download. I didn�t answer for the same reason you explain.
Hugs,

22 Jul 2009