Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > About " Growing Old"    

About " Growing Old"

Nebal
Lebanon

About " Growing Old"

Hello Everyone,

I�m preparing a test for my 8th graders and the topic is about " Growing Old."
So, the text I �ve chosen for the comprehension part  " The Wooden Bowl"- a story about an old man who is badly treated by his son and wife.

Actually, what I need is to help me create  the writing part of the test in relation to the story above.

Thanks for your care and help!!!
                                                                                                               Big Kisses,
                                                                                                              Nebal

26 Oct 2008      

igof
Portugal

Hello Nebal...

I�m not sure that this is what you are looking for, but you can ask your Ss to Write a different ending to the story or to write an essay where they imagine themselves as an old man or woman so they can see things in another prespective. I did something similar once and I got some very nice essays.In my case I�ve asked my Ss to imagine where and how would they be when they had 40�s. Hope I�ve given you some ideas to go from at least.

Good luck
Isabel  

26 Oct 2008     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Isabel,

I really liked your suggestions, esp. the essay topic.

thanks a lot for caring and answering my quest!

Nebal

26 Oct 2008     

igof
Portugal

I�m so happy I could be of some help to you. Clap Hope everything goes ok with your test now. If i can think of something else I�ll do my best to post it here...

Best regards

Hug Isabel

27 Oct 2008