Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > visit to dublin    

visit to dublin

mariadacruz
Portugal

visit to dublin

Dear colleagues in Dublin!

From the 7th to the 12th August I �ll be in Dublin. I �ve never been in the Republic of Ireland before. Can you tell me what places I should by no means  miss  since I will only have four days to get to know the Irish culture better? And by the way, do you need anything from Portugal?

Maria da Cruz

24 Jul 2009      

moroneyka
Ireland

Will you just be in Dublin????? For sights, I would recommend Trinity college, st patricks and christ church cathedral, the GPO, customs house and phoenix park. I heard the best way to see Dublin is on a walking tour where they tell you the history of Dublin. There are also plenty of museums, one I would recommend in particular is the Chester Beatty Library. Also, a little bit outside the city centre is Kilmaneagh gaol. This is where a lot of the Irish rebels were imprisioned and shot. I always thought this was really cool as there are plenty of romantic stories about Irish heroes being executed in the name of Ireland �s freedom.  Also, another popular part of the city is Grafton street..... there are quite a few street performers there and the atmosphere is usually lively.  At the top of the street there is a nice park, St stephen �s green, it �s worth a look.

If you plan on going out I would recommend camden street, George �s street and Harcourt street. There are plenty of clubs and bars where Irish people congregate.Some include Whelans(camden st) live music, POD (Harcourt st) nightclub, Copper face jacks(Harcourt st) lively nightclub but always packed, Hogans, the long hall and market bar(Georges street) bars. Of course, you could always go to temple bar but that �s mostly where most tourists go and it �s a rip off.

Here are just a few ideas. I hope this is of some help. There are quite a few other nice places in the city, unfortunately they don �t come to mind. Anyway....Dublin is not really about beautiful architecture and streets, it �s about the �craic � (having a good time). Find yourself a bar, a pint of Guiness and enjoy some Irish music or chat to some locals(people are generally friendly)...By doing this you will truely experience what Dublin is all about.

I hope you enjoy yourself.........:)

24 Jul 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hello Maria, I �m trying to post sone photos I took during my holiday in Dublin, but I �m not very good at using the computer Cry
I was able to post only one in the Teachers � cafe.
Hug

24 Jul 2009