Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP WITH DEFINITION!    

HELP WITH DEFINITION!

Mar0919
Mexico

HELP WITH DEFINITION!

Hi! can anybody help me explaining what "lockstep" is, using the word as a kind of interaction? I saw the word  used in an example of a lesson plan that was sent to me, but I don �t quite get what the word is.

Thanx!!!

Mar

25 Jul 2009      

Sara26
Brazil

Hi Mar,

You might find what you want.

Hugs,
Sara

26 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, there. may be this can help.

Lockstep (N)
1. A standard procedure that is followed mindlessly
2. A manner of marching in file in which each person �s leg moves with and behind the corresponding leg of the person ahead

Cheers

26 Jul 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you Sara & goodnesses!!! hahaha, I �m afraid I am a little, or I might say quite a lot slow!!!! I read those definitions, and had previously looked them up in different dictionaries. I just don �t quite get HOW to use the word in the context of a lesson plan. For example, what was sent to me said: activity blablabla... can be used as pair work, individually, group work or lockstep. I don �t understand what is meant by lockstep...

sorry if I �m too slow understanding!!!!!!!!

26 Jul 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi Mar
If a class is working �in lockstep�, all the students are doing the same thing at the same time.

26 Jul 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Serene! Thank you for your response. But the example you give me, .... isn �t that activity being done as a "group" (all the class)?

27 Jul 2009