Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Blogs in class    

Blogs in class

joserik
Spain

Blogs in class

Hi, everyone!!
Has any of you used "blogs" in class??
I �ve been thinking of the possibility of using them: each student would create a blog and different compositions and comments would be uploaded. What do you think?? Do you know an easy way of organising this kind of project?? Thanks in advance and happy summer!!

26 Jul 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I have a blog for each book I teach or taught. For example, one for book 1, one for two... Each semester the ss start looking for what they need in the next blog, even when they are not "mine" anymore. I upload material for each book and they download, leave comments, etc. I also have a wiki for each level (1 for beginners, one for intermediate, one for advanced and one for mastering courses). I post useful links, videos, tests and games online, all sort of things I think may be useful or interesting for them. Some of them are not familiar to the web, but I guide their first steps at my school lab.

I started this project when I moved to Diadema and I have gotten great results, so go ahead, it �ll be a very big step in the right direction. And as I have read here on the forum, a long journey starts with the first step.

Have a nice Sunday

Zailda

26 Jul 2009     

Gordon
Russian Federation

Zalida, is it possible to share with us a link to one of your blogs as I am also planning to resort to this type of IT this year?
Thanks in advance

26 Jul 2009     

Gordon
Russian Federation

Zalida, is it possible to share with us a link to one of your blogs as I am also planning to resort to this type of IT this year?
Thanks in advance

26 Jul 2009     

Magda_R
Poland

Here are some useful sites enabling blogging:

Blog-City (http://www.blog-city.com/)

Blogger (http://www.blog-city.com/)

26 Jul 2009     

Portugal

I have used blogs in class. Not 1 per student, but a class blog.

Blogs are not as versatile as platforms like moodle, but if you can �t use moodle, a blog will do fine.

You can use blogger or wordpress; both are easy to set up. You will have to create an email address for each of your students and assign them (and yourself) as editors.

Enjoy.

I can show you how I use moodle.

Just send me your email address and I �l enrol you as a non-editing teacher.

26 Jul 2009     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Zailda, please, post some of this blogs...

28 Jul 2009     

ruslana
Ukraine

Hello everybody!
Last year we tried to use blogs at our special lessons in English. And we began our first own wiki-page. Well it �s not very easy here in Ukraine, becouse we haven �t enough computers with Internet at school. And only a small part of my students have Internet connection at home. Anyway, they liked it.
www.englishteachernews.blogspot.com

15 Aug 2009