Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Online exercises    

Online exercises

Nereis
Argentina

Online exercises

UnhappyI �ve tried to upload my online exercises, but I can �t. I feel very upset because I lost a lot of time for nothing. What am I doing wrong? It always appears an error message.

26 Jul 2009      

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi again, dear Marina!
I �ve  had a bit of trouble too, and I got frustrated because I kept on writing and rewriting the details about the exercise over and over, for no reason!

It finally worked when I chose only under the "contents" the word "songs" (just under "Others") - and nothing else.
And I wrote absolutely nothing under "other topics/contents" (tags).
Try and see if it works. It worked for me.
Best of luck,
Aimee

26 Jul 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi!Once I got an error message because, as it turned out, I had missed to fill in a box in the submission form. So make sure you fill in all the boxes in the submission form.
Good luck!
serene

26 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Nereis

I now something about it when you lose a day long hard work.

However, there are some precautions to take in case the uploading process does not work and it does not quite often. These are the drawbacks of the cyber-world.

First, you have to use MS Iexplorer to make your OE. No mozilla, no Opera.
Then, when you are making your OE just do as if you are working with MS Word, save your work evey now and then. To do so, you have  "New" , "Open" and "Save" bottons in the tools bar. These are the 3 first one. "New" for starting a new doc from the beginning. "Open" to open an already started but not finished one. "Save" to save the one you are working on. It works like in any program. Like this if the uploading process does not work when you click "submit" you can always start a new design page and click "Open" to open your saved OE and submit it another time without re-designing it from start until it passes.

Hope this could help.

26 Jul 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

I follow all the steps and try to submit them but messages like this appeared

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error �80040e14 �

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.45-community-nt-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near �m yours �, �intermediate �,12,14, �songsvocabularyI �m yours �, �songs �, �Beautiful song � at line 1

/makeagame/sendform.asp, line 555

I don �t know (and don �t undestand) what the  problem is

26 Jul 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

I follow all the steps and try to submit them but messages like this appeared

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error �80040e14 �

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.45-community-nt-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near �m yours �, �intermediate �,12,14, �songsvocabularyI �m yours �, �songs �, �Beautiful song � at line 1

/makeagame/sendform.asp, line 555

I don �t know (and don �t undestand) what the  problem is

26 Jul 2009     

Pacchy
Argentina

Don �t use the apostrophe in the title of your worksheet. It happened to me once and I couldn �t believe it. I spent a whole day trying to upload it , until I realized and made that small change. Try it and tell me if your problem is solved.

Kisses,
Pacchy

27 Jul 2009     

kowalskar
Poland

dear users,

at the beginning I had the same problems as you encounterd, by I checked another browser and nothing like this happened again.

As far as different titles are concerned I agree that apostrophe can cause errors.

bye for now

Renata

27 Jul 2009