Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Speaking via skype or MSN - aka Sad-Topic    

Speaking via skype or MSN - aka Sad-Topic

colorblind
Hungary

Speaking via skype or MSN - aka Sad-Topic

Hello Dear People!

First of all, I am very disappointed, because I couldn �t find any person who could speak with me on microphone via skype or MSN. Is it so hard to believe in me and just simply conversate in the name of practicing English?

I use this webpage EVERY SINGLE DAY and it is awesome! I am an ESL teacher, but I just wanted to find people, who could talk with me VIA MICROPHONE!

Ladies and Gentlemen, why are you so scared? What are you afraid of? Do you think that I am a bad guy, a terrorist, an abuser, a confidence man? If you do, than you are wrong...

I repeat myself ---> I am searching for a person, who could talk with me on microphone via skype or msn! :)

If you don �t understand the meaning of word ,,microphone,, , than please do NOT contact with me, simply watch it in the dictionary.

So, after these sentences, if ANYBODY wants to talk with me, please contact me on skype, my name is colorfever, or please write me a personal message here, and I will send you my MSN address!

Thank You very much for the attention! Hear you later! :)

26 Jul 2009      

guizmow
France

Hi!!!!
No problem as far as I �m concerned!!! I can talk with you on msn if you want (I no longer use skype on my laptop)
Hope I �ll be of any help!
Guizmow

26 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear,

Who do you think you are to use such a language tone here ...

"If you don �t understand the meaning of word ,,microphone,, , than please do NOT contact with me, simply watch it in the dictionary."

You asked for something and did not get a response that means people here cannot help you or are not interested in what you are asking.

So please watch your laguage and be patient. You don �t have to impose yourself.

You alraedy had an answer which means that a whole part of your post was useless and inappropriate.

Regards

PS: A word in the dictionary is not a movie to be watched but a term to be "looked up".

26 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Perhaps if you made friends with the teachers on the site first, they �d be happy to chat to you. Many folk on here are very busy and many don �t have the facilities to chat via Skype, so it is quite possibly not that they �re rejecting you, but are just not able to. 

26 Jul 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Tutt, tut tut. �Oh my dear colorblind...such strong language!Ermm. How could you even dream to think that we might consider you to be a terrorist or a bad guy or an abuser etc.!? Nobody would have thought that! We do not think that way here. Oh! you have me trembling in my sneakers now Wink. This is a community of teachers who share and care. We (for the most part) communicate here through private messaging, posting and emailing. I saw your first request for someone to Skype or Msn with you. It was a polite post but to be honest I did not "fancy your chances" of getting too many responses. Some people can be very shy about going on talk lines or camera lines with someone unless the have built up a friendship with them over a period of time. I would be one such person, but I know I am not alone in this. It is healthy to be cautious because of the nature of the internet. I am not suggesting that you are anything less that a very good person but you have to understand that some people (and rightly so) "look before they leap". We all know what can sometimes happen if we jump in too quickly. We also know that people have registered on the site who are NOT teachers at all. We have all heard the stories. So please be patient my dear. Maybe someone will agree to your request but from the tone of your last request I do not think that you did yourself any great favour. UnfortunatelyCry. You see my dear ... it came across as an angry DEMAND from you. To Skype of not to Skype has got to be a �choice that is freely taken. So you should not have been offended if many did not respond. Then you added insult to injury by suggesting that we may not know the meaning of the word microphone. Well...we are ENGLISH teachers here and if that is what you though how can you expect one of us "ignorant" teachers to converse with you? �We would not know the words�Wink Take good care of yourself and don �t be too impatient.

Caroline

27 Jul 2009     

colorblind
Hungary

Thank you for your criticism and comments! :)

Dear Caroline, in 95% I totally agree with you, but that "microphone-theme" was just a joke with a little bit of irony, because a lot of people added me to their contact list, however, I told them that I want to speak with my mouth, so I need a microphone from their side. But they forgot this sentence... what a pity, yep?

So thanks again for the very special comments... Wink

Adrian

27 Jul 2009