Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > why don ´t we carry out a worldwide contest among our students    

why don ´t we carry out a worldwide contest among our students

samsunmustafa
Turkey

why don ´t we carry out a worldwide contest among our students

Hi to all teachers who struggle for all te students from other cultures and races.You �re wonderful teachers.As I said before it pleases me so much to write on the forum page.The simplest help that you provide for me makes me excited.
   Today while thinking of what to write on the forum page a good idea sparked on my mind.What would be your opinion be to carry out a contest among our student worldwide and then exhibit them on the forum page and evaluate them.For example a Mother �s Day Letter Writing contest among all the levels ? Or writing on the other special days.We all share our works and ideas here but don �t give some place for our real products (the abilities of our students).I �m waiting for your great creative ideas.
   For instance once upon a time when Obama was about to come to turkey for the sake of Fraternity among the Civilizations, we carried out an illustrated short letter writing contest to Obama in our school.An d our students draw pictures and wrote some sentences below the pictures and clarified their thoughts.Do you think it �s possible to carry out a contest like this.For example Children �s Day İllustrated Motto Contest ? Have a good day... 

30 Jul 2009      

HOLYMARY_852
India

It is a nice idea if Mr Victor can make it  work.

30 Jul 2009     

miss K.
Ukraine

Great idea! You �ll need sombody to help you with it. I think it can be done without taking space or too much space on this site.

You need to come with idea of how you �ll evaluate their work. e.x. creativity, good content, good sentence formation, strait to the topic, completed faster then by others, etc. Then you can have several people to help you evaluate on those scales. It will be good to have native English speakers (American English&British English) on the team. Then points are summed up. The best  work are displayed in teachers´ cafe or on forum. And the teacher can add to his personal information in the account which place his/her students took, the number of total points, so on. That way it will not take too much place on this site.

Tasks have to be more specific. If it �s a card for mother �s day, then sts can point out their mother �s specific good traits of character. Or they can use as many adjectives as possibles.

Also works submitted must not be corrected by teachers.

That �s enough to begin with.

30 Jul 2009