Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > sad     

sad

goodnesses
Algeria

I am not deciding which discussion should be or should not be. I am saying that as a teacher you should already know all what the other members are telling you. And this thread was not necessary.
Don �t try to change the course of the discussion.

You insinuated things that aren �t kind (so as not to use other words) regarding the people who report stolen and copied WS and the moderators who decide of their deletion or not.

The least thing you have to do is to apologize.

Goodbye.

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, sarahgriffin
You say 1 of your WS. I say, I have the opportunity to use the moderator �s system, and I had some of my WS deleted because considered as NOT ESL or mainly because containing some L1. It is not the end of the world for me.
I accepted it until the rules are made more clear and precise. Because you are right the rules aren �t at the top yet. Victor promised to improve them. So, let´s be patient.

And instead of accusing each other and insinuating things, the wise thing to do is to suggest ideas to achieve these improvements, isn �t it?

1 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Dear Mariethe!

You should know that many members ..many! ..agree with you but won �t post in here for the simple reason that there are some people who like conflict too much. And these people are on the look for it on the board and start twisting your words till tehy have their last word!
So don �t worry about it.
I also agree with Sarahgriffin too. I saw yesterday some wss which were scanned called Cinderella - reading for entertainment and also Ugly Ducking.. I don �t know the book from where it was taken, but it called my attention that it was a scanned page, It can clearly be seen, as it even looked blurry. Also the description of teh "author" said ´It is enjoyable´... and won some points...
But well, such is life!

1 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Dear Judith

The Ugly Duckling (Hans Christian Andersen) and Cinderella are classics and anyone can use them. If I were going to use one of these stories, I would use it with the intent of teaching grammar or reading comprehension - and I �d re-write it and not just scan it in.
To scan a story from some page is lazy, in my opinion.

I don �t know how long you �ve been a member - but a while back we were flooded with people stealing other �s worksheets and couldn �t do a thing about it, besides complaining here on the board.
At times this board was only about stolens wss.  So you can imagine how much better it is now.
I �m not saying the new system is perfect - but it sure is better.

L

1 Aug 2009     

Mariethe House
France

�The least thing you have to do is to apologize. �

Who could have written this ???? I wonder!! Hemmmmmmmmm!

What nerve!!!Little miss Right has spoken!!

" oh now Victor, will you please get rid of Mariethe, please! She has offended me::"

I won �t apologize because there �s no need to but maybe, you ought to think about it!!

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

The site is pretty fine as it is. It has improved a lot from what it was. We are here to improve it even more.
Those who want a site that suites their childish likes and desires have just to un-register and look elsewhere.
Those who have good suggestions and ideas to make it better are welcome.

Complaints! WE HAD ENOUGH.

Basta.

1 Aug 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

First of all, thanks for everything you do for us, dear Victor.
It �s an amazing website and I �m one of the addicts.

Do you remember our "sheriff cow"?
So many have been frustrated by the theft of their worksheets!!!

I think it �s great to have a system to prevent stolen contributions
And I guess we can all help out Victor finding stolen materials once we come across suspicious ws, don�t you think...?
It �s A LOT OF WORK for Victor.

The creator of this site set very clear rules about what is and what isn �t a ESL printable on this very site.
 New members are supposed to read them before downloading anything:
"We only accept ESL resources written in English language.
 A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource.
Remember that this website is not a clipart collection."

As for me,It�s not about judgement....
I don�t judge anybody�s work .....
The worksheets which are not up to the "standard" Victor has set for this site must be reported...
I�m just trying to help Victor by reporting such worksheets...

I absolutely agree with Libertybelle:
Nothing is perfect, but I think this is better than before and there are less and less thefts too.

1 Aug 2009     

Mariethe House
France

@Victoria
I don �t want you to misunderstand me!I am ,not criticizing Victor who has done a great job with this site but some moderators are not fair in that they do ( copy and send and get points!!)what they reproach others and this is causing resent and suffering! That �s all I meant!

as for suggestions, i believe getting more than 1000 ^points is not a garantee for respecting people or the rules!!

maybe we should vote to decide who �s going to be a moderator! This probably would be more democratic!

1 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Dear Lebertybelle,

I know that Cinderella and Ugly Duckling are classics and anyone can use them.. I �ve even prepared some ws on David Burke�s version.

What I meant is this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=265496#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=265500#thetop

And also this, which is not scanned, but there are no activities added.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=265655#thetop

Are these allowed?Wacko

I do agree that the site is absolutely fantastic and that we all admire Victor for such amazing idea! We are no  criticizing the system just stating that there are some unfair situations. But well....endless story.. So I�ll leave this debate..Approve

see you all around..
hugsHug

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

According to me, the number of points doesn �t mean that a member is fair or unfair but it can help diminish the curse of misunderstandings and confusion by decreasing the number of people having access to the moderation page. I recognize as someone told me before that we have "a lot of chiefs and not enough Indians". However, I have already made a suggestion to victor in this sense and sked to elevate the bar to, why not, only those with 15,000 pts or more. He told us to wait and give him time to think about it. So, let´s wait.

A vote! We are more than 200,000 members.

How many moderators will we need? 10, 15, 20? For a democratic vote we should have a limited number of candidates. A limited number of consolidates means they will have to stay hanging to their computers to tracks contributions that do not follow the rules. Unfortunately, people here are teachers with enough job in their schools and have families to look after.

Who is going to be candidate? On what criteria? Those who have most points? Those who have the best contribution? Those from certain countries?

Who is going to vote? The more than 50% with 0 points and 0 WS or the handful of those who are always present, contributing and participating in the forum?

How is this vote going to be organized? Won �t it need a whole system to track the ballot?

I think this will be a tremendous job for Victor who is a teacher with a family.

Thus, why don �t people just behave honestly as teachers should do and upload their own work. Is it so difficult?

EDIT

1 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >