Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can I upload PPT Presentation relating to Science, e.g. Bones meant for students between 9 to 14. Is it against the rules?    

Can I upload PPT Presentation relating to Science, e.g. Bones meant for students between 9 to 14. Is it against the rules?

HOLYMARY_852
India

Can I upload PPT Presentation relating to Science, e.g. Bones meant for students between 9 to 14. Is it against the rules?

I understand that this site is meant for sharing the work of English teachers. But if I want to upload a PPT file on subject like "Bones" meant for students aged between 9 and 14. Are there any science teachers as members on the site? Is it agains the rules of the site? I feel that a separate site should be started for science teachers to share their work.

3 Aug 2009      

aliciarc416
United States

If it relates to ESL i cant see the harm.  I �m sure there are some teachers that teach medical students and advance high school kids science ESL.

3 Aug 2009     

morrissey79
China

In fact...I teach engineers that design MRI machines. I may need this ppt. What will you call it (so i can search for it at a later date)?

3 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Holy Mary!

If your PPT is meant to teach English language for sprecific purpose, there is no problem uploading it here.

However, if it is meant to teach a scientific subject using English, I don �t think it is the suitable site. And I am afraid it won �t be accepted.

As you said it yourself, this site is for teachers of English as foreign or second language.
In other words, if your PPT includes English learning activities eg. comprehension questions, grammar act. , writing act. etc.. it can be uploaded here without any problem.

This is just my opinion.
There is a condition for reporting and deleteing PPTs and WS that are considered as "Non ESL Resources"

Regards

3 Aug 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

I think it �s perfectly acceptable and will be well recieved, since ss can learn the names of the different bones, etc. it will  help us when we teach parts of the body. Please do upload your work, as I and many other colleagues will find it very useful. It �s all a matter of adapting the materials to our needs. Thank you for sharing with us!!!

Mar

5 Aug 2009