Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THANKS = 6 LETTERS= 6 SECONDS    

THANKS = 6 LETTERS= 6 SECONDS

najetnada
Tunisia

THANKS = 6 LETTERS= 6 SECONDS

Good morning dear contributors,

I think to type thanks or thank you doesn �t take more than 5 seconds.
I wonder why only the stars of this site always have comments such as :awesome, wonderful, amazing .....however many interesting worksheets have one or two comments  and sometimes  o comments.
PLEASE say thank you and comment when you download or you like a worksheet.
It is really encouraging particularly for those new contributors.
My best wishes from Tunisia.

4 Aug 2009      

khaled69
Jordan

i strongly agree with you

4 Aug 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi! What do you mean by "stars of the site"? Personally, when I say amazing, wonderful, etc., it �s directly connected to the worksheet and not to the person. Sometimes it happens to be for both but not always, of course!
But you are right about saying thank you! It �s common courtesy, and we, teachers, should give a good example! I could never download a ws and not say thanks!
Have a good day,
Aimee

4 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I wonder if it is possible for the "Post Your Reply" box to be at the top of the list of comments so that you don �t have to scroll down through all the other comments. Also if it �s at the top it might just remind people that a "thank you" would be in order.
Just a thought. Joy

4 Aug 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Saying thank you should come from your heart...
We do such complicated stuff on the computer, we create worksheets, we look for graphics, special effects, we post pics, videos, etc... Scrolling down is the easiest thing in the world! Nobody should be reminded to say thanks, it �s like reminding someone to eat or drink.
That �s my opinion! But I respect yours, bill2joy! We �re all entilted to our opinions here!
All the best,
Aimee

4 Aug 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

when i upload aws i dont look for points really
i look for the nice comments that collagues write
i feel happy and pleased when i read them

4 Aug 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

check this
28 downloads
6 comments only
thats what i mean

4 Aug 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

ok lady bird i agree with you

4 Aug 2009     

fsams
Maldives

I also feel the same.....we should be encouraging.....I always leave a comment...:)

I too have WS uncommented!!!

4 Aug 2009     

AHHA
Belarus

I always leave comments on the worksheets I download. Besides expressing politeness and gratitude it helps me in another way: I can tell the worksheet I �ve downloaded from those I haven �t.

4 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi to you all from my beautiful  hometown - Angra do Hero�smo, Terceira Island!

Thank you dear najetchaovachi for bringing up this issue again. It �s never too much! It is really very easy to leave a "Thank you" note and like many of you have said it �s a matter of courtesy, of good manners. We spend all day saying "Thank you" - to the taxi driver, to the cashier at the supermarket, to the grocer �s, to the postman... you name it. So why not saying thank you to the members who are sharing their work with us online? Because we �re not face to face? Because we don �t know who you [the downloaders] are, so why bother? That must be it! Because when I share my work with my colleagues at school all of them say "thank you" to me and I am sure the same happens to you. I know I cannot take anything from anyone without at least a simple "Thank you!"

The fact that some members leave comments like - awesome, wonderful, amazing... - doesn �t mean that they consider the authors of the worksheets "stars". I can tell you that many members on this site are very generous to me on their comments and I have never felt like a "Star"! I have just felt like a very fortunate, useful teacher whose work is highly appreciated by those members who left the thank you note. As Aimee has put it, the adjectives you referred to are for the work, not the author, although it is true that some members like to point out the author �s creativity, professionalism, whatever, but I can �t see anything wrong with that. Much on the contrary.

And silke is absolutely right when she says that a great number of those whose work has many downloads always leave a thank you note.

Wish you all a wonderful day.
Hugs, Hug
mena

4 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >