Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Uploading trouble    

Uploading trouble

ronit85
Israel

Uploading trouble

Hello to all of you,
I have been trying to upload a workpage with three pages but only the FIRST and LAST pages were uploaded. After five attemps I decided to split the pages and  the uploading went fine. Any ideas why this happened?
Have a very nice day!
Ronit

5 Aug 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

The preview sometimes DOESN �t SHOW all pages.
Try to upload all pages in one file again.
Then download the file (it is free to download your own ws) and you will see all pages ARE there...
If some pages are missing in the preview, state it in the description of the ws. No problem, we are used to this situation... :-)
When you upload ws with many pages, state it in the name eg:

My Family - 10 pages + BW
The ws gets much more points then...
You can upload also colourful AND bw no pic version in one file. Good for OHP + photocopier.

While making a new ws, try to resize pictures before inserting them into the document... there are free resizing websites and software. You can resize hundreds of pics in one folder in 5 minutes :-) It saves space on the harddrive and the ws are "small sized".
http://www.picresize.com/ - online resizing - one pic at a time
http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm - free reziser for folders of pics - convert: jpg, bmp, gif, png, tiff - very fast - 20 pics in 10 seconds :-D.

Good luck! Don �t hesitate to contact me via PM... Ready to help :-D

5 Aug 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Dear Moravc,
That really nice of you to give so much explanation on the board because it helps other people too. I �ve been wondering for quite a while how to do such things but very often the answers were "I �ve sent you a pm" which is very fustrating because I don �t want to ask the same questions as others again and again.
Lot of people are ready to help along with having so much imagination about what to give to their pupils and after more than six months as a member, I �m still amazed at how much one can do. 

5 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thanks for your kind words... More tips for the newbies:

the first page of your worksheet is your "advertisement"
When you make the first page interesting, you will gain more points. The name of the worksheet is important too...

Some teachers here download in a hurry, so they don �t read the description carefully...
Most of the teachers need the bw version for students, they don �t distribute the colour version... The colour version is used for OHP - displayed on the "wall".

5 Aug 2009