Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > bullshit    

bullshit

scottbuzz
Taiwan

bullshit

It seems there are plenty of good items on this site, but I just spent 40 minutes searching, downloading, restarting, registering, searching ....

Only to find out that I cannot access ANYTHING until I upload something and someone else chooses it.

I have no stinking idea what is already here, so how do I know what to offer?

There should be at least 5 free downloads just so teachers can get an idea of what �s here and what could be useful.

Teachers are only going to discover your site when they have an immediate need  -- TOMORROW! Then you waste an hour of their time (off the clock) before they find out they are screwed.

How did this site ever get started? Did the first teacher have to give his stuff away and then download it again? Do I hafta create a dummy account, download my own stuff 10 times, and then learn what is out there?

5 Aug 2009      

jennybohmes
Argentina

over 200000 people don�t agree with you.

5 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Here we go again.

But anyway, WELCOME, dear scottbuzz;

5 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Ya - know - you might want to just hold your hat a moment - and stop pointing your finger at everyone else. Could be the problem is you just didn �t use 5 minutes to read the rules.
BECAUSE apparently :

204091 registered users who have made 188033 printables, 13048 powerpoints and 1861 online exercises
have found out how to use this site. So what you are saying is total bull.
All you had to do was post a little note asking for help.  People help each other all the time.

So.......... to help you on your way - try doing these things.

1. Read the rules at the top of this board under "what �s this".
2. Read what the founder of this site wrote on the top of this board that this is a share site.
3. Click on any column to your right - for example - adjectives and a whole list of worksheets will appear.
4. Look on the left hand column at the bottom and click on newest contributions. Yo �ll be able to see all the new materials.
5. After having looked around - try uploading some of your own stuff.
6. When you have received 30 downloads of your material, you can download 30 of the newest materials for free, everyday. An older worksheet will cost you one point, but you will always be able to download 30 of the newest  -forever.
7. All materials must be uploaded in Word.
8. If you ever need help - there are many who would love to help you - just ask - no bullshit.
Hope this helps
L

5 Aug 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

READ first!!!Angry You have to read first, and if you agree with the terms you countinue, if not you look for  another site!!! If you lost your time, it is your fault  not ours!!!

5 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I wrote you a help list - click  on previous answers to read.
L

5 Aug 2009     

patty39
Brazil

Dear Liberty, I agree with you.

Scott, I got frustrated the first time I tried to access the ws too. It took me just a few minutes to understand how this site works and the kind of ws they �ve got. So, instead of being childish, I followed the rules, prepared a few ws, waited for my 30 points (it �s easy to get if your wss are good ones) and everyday I can download for free 30 ws from the new contributions. My advice: be patient. It �s worth it!

5 Aug 2009     

juliamontenegro
Brazil

Obviously the kind of person who wants to benefit without contributing!

And whose anxiety is so great that doesn �t even bother to read the rules...

And whose frustration is so enormous that doesn �t think before posting something like that!

What a shame!

5 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Quick tips for a newbie: MAKE A WS FOR BEGINNERS WITH CUTE PIC / pics
go to google - download a set of cute cliparts (not very big ones)
http://picasaweb.google.com/anaclaudiasar/ROTINA#

- animals, house, classroom objects, activities...
make a simple worksheet consisting of cute pic(s) and vocabulary
make a 5 simple exercises to go with - jumble the words, remove wovels, insert the vocabulary in gray in a fancy font and ask students to TRACk the fancy letters...
make a matching exercise, drawing exercise - empty boxes + vocabulary below

all this takes about 10 minutes -
IF your ws can be uploaded in the next 8 hours (BEFORE SPANISH MIDNIGHT), it will be downloaded tomorrow SPANISH TIME (Thursday European time) ... and you will get your points in 32 hours from now...

when your ws reach 30 points together, you can download 30 RECENT ws FOR FREE
EVERY DAY
THAT �S 10,000 UNIQUE WORKSHEETS PER YEAR - editable, no pdf ... ppt games ...
- HOW GENEROUS WEBSITE

next time, please, ask first, and give opinions later...
This site is full of friendly people, if you want to be friendly and nice too...

5 Aug 2009     

mjpa
Spain

There is a preview "little window" under each exercise good enough to let you know what the exercise is about, if it is interesting for you and so on. That was exactly what made me decide to become a part of this site.
Indeed, if I am honest, I have to say that, before deciding to register and start uploading, I "used" several of the exercises here to help me in my lessons. I just took a look at them, or even "copied" them down with my handwriting.
So, what you are telling, it sounds to me to bullshit. That�s bullshit indeed. Not other things.

5 Aug 2009     

Akanah
Spain

@mjpa Clap

5 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >