Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Organizing the Worksheets Here    

Organizing the Worksheets Here

Pinky Makus
Canada

Organizing the Worksheets Here

Hello friends. 

Several months ago I noticed that I had placed some of my worksheets in the wrong category or I forgot to add keywords to make my sheets easier to find.  When you have time you may want to look at your old sheets and see if anything is missing in the description, title or keywords section.

If you find a worksheet from another member that is in the wrong section, or the title is misspelled could you let them know?  You could also give them a few words to add to their key words section. 

I mentioned misspelled titles because a few days ago I did a search on School worksheets and accidentally typed skool (or something similar) and I was surprised to find at least 5 or more worksheets with the same spelling mistake.

Thanks for your time.  You can also add some more tips in this thread. 

I would still love a gameboard/boardgame section personally.

Pinky

(I also wonder how many of us take the time to add key words to our forum posts.)

5 Aug 2009      

Pinky Makus
Canada

For new members:

I also want to ask new members to please add meaningful descriptions to their worksheets.  Writing things like, "This worksheet is very useful." with no other details is not very helpful. 

Thanks! Smile

5 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

You �re right, Pinky Makus, some worksheets are reported and removed because there are no clear explanations on the purpose of them, so they may  be judged as non ESL resources. Every worksheet must have a complete description on its contents and it �s also wise to add some suggestions. If you upload some flashcards, choose the correct category and in the description you should add: it can be used as a pictionary, a classroom poster, or cards with the game ws.... etc. The more you be clear, the more the other members will understand and find it useful - so they download it.

If the ws is reported it �s easier for the moderators to vote. Some members come to the forum to complaim about ws unfairly removed, but no one has to guess what  your ws is about. So be clear and complete. Be nice because this site is supposed to be a time saver and trying to find a purpose for another person �s work is annoying in my opinion. If I have to I prefer to look for something else.

Cheers

Zailda

5 Aug 2009