Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Why is the website down every second day?    

Why is the website down every second day?

Lana.
Ireland

Why is the website down every second day?

Why? I access from Ireland,

in the day time when I try to see it, I get "error" of some kind...

Is it just me?...

It has happened 4 or 5 times within the last few days.

6 Aug 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hi Lana
I haven �t seen that at all.
It might be the connection from Irland - who knows?

6 Aug 2009     

jamiejules
France

Hi,
I am in France and I �ve had no trouble accessing the site in the last week or so. It must be your connection.
have a nice day

6 Aug 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Hi Lana, I spent the month of July in Ireland and had no problem logging in every day. Now I �m back in Spain and have no problem either. Hope your connection gets better:) Rosemary

6 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

no prob from Germany either - never
poor you  - I �d hate that to happen !!

6 Aug 2009     

somark
United States

I am trying to upload power points to receive (points) so I can download stuff and it keeps saying "Error on Page".  The files aren �t that big.....Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem.

I was only able to upload one Word Document and I have lots of great Power points to share with everyone.

6 Aug 2009     

Aldona 777
Russian Federation

I  had the same problem.
So I tried to understand the difference between my files (1) and the files from this site downloaded by me (2). I looked in "properties"  and I didn �t find anything.
I decided to upload one of the downloaded files (2) again. It worked! Then I deleted the contents of this file (2) and inserted my contents. I downloaded the file (2) with MY contents again and gave him My name (but first you have to click "properties" and change the title and the author in "summary").
Write me if this fun method works out  for you! And leave the file in the initial folder: I tried making a copy, filling it with my contents and moving it into another folder and it stopped working!
GOOD LUCK!

6 Aug 2009     

karire
Ireland

Hi Lana, I log in from Ireland everyday i have no problem.

6 Aug 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Sugar!..Shocked

I wonder if something from the college server interferes with ESL Printables.
But seriously, I can access from my home computer in the evening and early morning,
and when I come to work, no more. I get a blank page with "error 275" sort of thing.
Hmmm...

It must be something with our inner system.

The funny thing is I can access ALL the other Internet sites, but not ESL Printables.

I �ll ask our technician,
thanks for the answers!

6 Aug 2009