Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Porto Alegre / Caxias do Sul Information    

Porto Alegre / Caxias do Sul Information

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Porto Alegre / Caxias do Sul Information

I �m sorry to use the forum to ask about other information that is not related to teaching. But I guess this is the right place to find people from everywhere.
See, I �m about to Travel to Porto Alegre and Caxias do Sul this weekend to present a Poster in a crongress that starts on Monday (V SIGET) at UCS. I would like to know how is weather over there (I know it �s very cold...) and how is the FLU situation there. I �ve never been to the South before... So, every piece of information and suggestions you can give me is important.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Vanessa

6 Aug 2009      

fsams
Maldives

I wish if I could help....but.....

Anyway, Wish You a Wondeful Trip and a great experience....

Best Wishes,

Fsams

6 Aug 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Vanessa. I �m from Rio Grande do Sul, where you �re heading to. Not specifically Caxias, or Porto Alegre, I �m from Santa Maria, right in the center of the state. The weather here this week has been great, we kinda got a break from the freezing winter that has been going around here! hehehe

But I guess you should be prepared for the cold; my tip is: bring a good big warm coat, so that you can wear other clothes underneath it, but still being prepared for anything that comes up!

The forescast also says there will be rain, but I �m not so sure, you could check on the internet for that.

Hope you like our state and our people, the weather may be cold here, but the people are always warm and kind.

I wish you a great stay and good luck in your presentation.

Best Regards from the South!
Bruna

6 Aug 2009