Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Shocking!    

Shocking!

eng789
Israel

Shocking!

Watch this video.  This guy is a teacher?
http://www.todaysbigthing.com//2009/08/07

Have a great weekend.

: )

8 Aug 2009      

ranclaude
Australia

Hi Eng789,
Wow! I didn �t think that existed in today �s day and age. Which country is this teacher in/from? Aren �t there any laws that prevent this from happening? Here in Australia, teachers need to be careful as to what they even say to their students, let alone hit them! I would have thought protecting your students was a universal thing, but obviously not, in some countries. We teachers are in the most trusted profession, parents send their children/teenages to school, trusting that we will look after them, care for them, be �role-models � and teach them the most important thing, "knowledge".  What that guy did was wrong! I can �t believe he �s still in the profession!
Take care, and you as well as all the other lovely teachers have a nice weekend.
ranclaudeHug

8 Aug 2009     

_babz
Canada

that was the funniest thing I �ve ever seen.........absolutely wrong....but hilarious....

some students just don �t know when to stop.

BUt in no way, should any one hit, whether teacher or not - we should never resort to violence, I would have simply kicked him out.

8 Aug 2009     

miss_marina...
Chile

I agree with you .... it �s absolutely bizarre !!

8 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

The way the student keeps looking at the camera... could it be a fake video? If not, something is wrong here: the teacher could have verbally ask the student to stop and the girl could have changed seat.
Bizarre...Stern Smile

8 Aug 2009     

fsams
Maldives

Whatever it is....it is very bizarre indeed!!! First time I have seen such behaviour from a teacher...might be a fake video...Shocked

8 Aug 2009     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

Just hilarious!! LOL LOL Hits the target nice!

This video looks like it is from somewhere here in Mexico. It �s a financial class.
And I �m almost sure it �s not fake because, it is very common that students film funny stuff during the class (normally without teacher noticing or at least that �s what they think). The last seconds of the video the teachers tells the student that he had warrned him on the previous class.... (I believe about misbehavior).
Also, I �m sure the teacher wouldn �t have done what he did if he had known he was being filmed. And it �s for sure he got into trouble.

This is a real thing of a NOT TO DO as a teacher!!

Have a nice weekend!!

8 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

Reminds me of the other use for chalk...... well, that �s what used to happen.

The only thing I throw in class is a sweet to reward a student who is working well. (I can only do that because they are adults...not a good idea for children.)

It does prove that as teachers we do have eyes in the back of our heads.

Cheers Joy

8 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Sign him up for the Yankees! That �s hilarious and hard to do.  Why should the girl have to inconvenience herself because the guy is being a jerk?  It reminds me of the saying, "Drastic situations take drastic actions."  This is nothing new. MANY students in Korea get physically abused by their teachers. One of my former students told me her teacher pulled her hair because she came to school late.  I have seen teachers throw chalk too.  One teacher in Korea threw a pen at a guy and it almost hit his eye.  I have seen teachers here in Hong Kong hit and kick students.  "Different cultures" is all I can say. 

8 Aug 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

it �s not fake, unfornately...

it happens...
This teacher overreacted indeed but this kind of students is VERY REAL

8 Aug 2009     

Yabko
Ukraine

Great video! He is the real teacher!Big smileClap

8 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >